- Fallout 2
- Fallout 3
- New Vegas
- Hosted Sites
How to make own portrait for Fallout Tactics.
your own, unique hero in FoT is surely one of those things that gives you
great plesure. It is sad that game programmers haven't made possibility of
attaching your own picture too. But not all is lost :) You can make it with
10 simply steps !
Before that, you must have few things. First, download super duper utility named Game Resource Viewer. Second, get any DTP program like Photoshop or Gimp. And of course your picture :P
1. After scaning your picture, cut area around your pretty face :) (a)
2. Now you must remove the background behind your face and fill it with contrast colour. You don't have to be like a surgeon ;) you will resize this image and some non-exactly cuts wont be as much visible.
3. Now convert the image to grayscale and after that again to 24bit. (b)
|(a) (b) (c)|
Now resize it to 75x100 (c). In Photoshop you can easily do
this by making Layer with your face and change 'Canvas Size' to proper value.
After that you could make 'Free Transform' on this layer and place it where
We must enter now to the Fallout Tactics directory. There is 'gui_0.bos' file
in the ''Core' subdir. Change its extension to *.zip.
Unpack 'mp_tr05.zar' from it (it is in 'char' subdir). After that you can change gui_0.zip extension back to *.bos
6. Run the Game Resource Viewer and open unpacked 'mp_tr05.zar'. Copy your face picture to clipboard and paste it ( button) into the place of opened one. 'Insert page' window will show up (image below). Change value to the left bottom corner from 0 to 1 and press ok.
7. If everything is ok, you can see your face instead this tribal above. Now just 'Save as' and give your requested name. If program hanged up then try repeat point 3.
We now must put this new *.zar file into FoT. There are two possibilities:
a) you have played FoT already - we must then check what picture is attached to your hero. Enter to the Fallout\core\user\char directory. There is 'yourname.chr' file. Open it and find text matching this pattern: "CORE_prefabX" or this "CORE_rec_XXXX". You must change your *.zar name to this you have found in the file.
b) you haven't started yet - act like described above and chenge *.zar name to "CORE_prefab1" (if you want male hero) lub "CORE_prefab4 " (for female).
In the core directory make "\gui\char" subdir and copy there just
made your Fallout picture.
case of questions please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
with "Failure is not an option" topic ;p
Feel free to change (translationz?) and distribute this manual.
Kotaku ranks the Fallout games
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 15:22:24 GMT
An apocalyptic anniversary
Thu, 02 Oct 2014 16:25:29 GMT
Crimea hits IndieGogo
-AMA Q&A with Brian Fargo and Chris Avellone
-Wasteland 2 Interview with Chris Avellone and Brian Fargo
-Wasteland Kickstarter Project Interview with Brian Fargo
-The Origins of Fallout
-Afterfall: InSanity review
-Afterfall: InSanity preview
-Lonesome Road Review
-Old World Blues review
-Fallout1 Hi-Res Patch v4.1.5
-Falloup, a Fallout Comic by 'Ten'
-FO1 bos grenades quest
-Graphics Viewer v1.36
-RobCo Systems Beta 1.0
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Anarchy Cell Design Document
-Koan's Gift: Oblivion Lost Design Document Pack
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost Design Document
-S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Lost Story Outline
-Fallout Script Editor 1.5a
-Mission Mojave Fixpack
-Garden Of Eden Creation Kit
-The Weapon Mod Menu
-The Mod Configuration Menu
-Interior Lighting Overhaul
Older news articles can be found over here.
©1997-> End of time Odin. The Contents of this page may not be used, published or reproduced without the owners written permission.
All other material © of their respectful owners.