Are shots to testicles really funny?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by SorgFall, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Harken

Harken Always late to the party

Aug 16, 2014
    So it's anabolic gamma steroids? ~Plaaagiaaarism!!~

2. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
    Oh, man, I will never forgive your ass for this shit.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. BigBoss

BigBoss Your Local Scrub

Dec 24, 2012
    Basically a mega-steroid that turns your skin green and shrinks your brain (among other things).

4. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    Maybe if all you're doing is looking at it from a surface analysis. But no, from what it ACTUALLY does, it's not just "a mega-steroid that turns your skin green" and etc etc. Quad helix and all that mumbo jumbo. Also that steroids are commonly misconstrued to lead to the qualities which most Super Mutants exhibited to exaggerated proportions, though that's a rather separate topic... XD

5. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    What on earth do you mean, "make a fight personal"? :crazy:

6. AlphaPromethean

AlphaPromethean Vault Senior Citizen

Mar 16, 2013
    Well, as childish as it is, a bit of snickering at some harmless virtual violence isn't so evil every once in a while.Especially if it is critically punching a champion boxer in the crotch and causing him to K.O immediately.

In fac-Oh dear.

Why are you guys talking about Super Mutant ballsacks.

pls stop

pls

7. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Gyro Captain

Dec 11, 2013
    Do they even HAVE ballsacks?

I always assumed Super Mutants had no genitalia at all, what with the sterility and lack of secondary sex characteristics, I always just thought they kind of shriveled away as part of the mutation process.

8. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Genitalia are primary sexual characteristics and are not affected by FEV beyond sterilisation of the gametes.

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/FEV

9. valcik

valcik Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 20, 2008
    Is that a steel jockstrap what are supermutants on wikia pictures wearing? If so, no wonder that groin shots have been removed in F3/FNV, it'd surely hurt Courier's hands when punching that armored thing.

10. BigBoss

BigBoss Your Local Scrub

Dec 24, 2012
    Eh, I prefer NukaPedia over the Vault.

11. SorgFall

SorgFall Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 2, 2007
    Mutants (well, save from those horridly disfigured) are not sterile in the Fallout universe.

12. sesom

sesom First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2008
    omg... my honest Vault Dweller killed the master with a lie... I will never forgive myself such a terrible thing :razz:

13. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    No, they are. That's why the Master's plan would never work.

14. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Fossil

Nov 26, 2007

IRRC, Vree did the autopsy of one, and could not tell if it was male or female.

15. Ceratisa

Ceratisa Sarcastic SOB

Nov 4, 2013
    Vree did indeed do an autopsy and realized super mutants are sterile
    IIRC The FEV virus in one of the in game holodisks is said to attack the sperm and egg cells because they lack a full set of chromosomes and thus it sees them as "damaged" and it will proceed to "fix" them by giving them a full set of chromosomes. The inability for sperm and egg to then join together results in super mutants being sterile from the very process of the FEV mutation.

You are also able to convince The Master to ask his own mutants about their inability to reproduce and he will find out directly from them.
    (I've literally only actually physically killed The Master like 3 times)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  16. mef

mef Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 29, 2014
    super mutants have genitalia, but are not able to reproduce.
    in-game characters may lie or be misinformed, but the fallout bible says so.

17. sesom

sesom First time out of the vault

Nov 17, 2008
    While I agree about the sterility (otherwise a very important plotpoint in Fallout 1 would fall apart) I have to ask which "bible"? I assume you don't mean the document that is called that way but explicitly states in it that it doesnt want to be understood as "lore bible".

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  18. mef

mef Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 29, 2014
    where exactly?
    of course, informations in the bible are sometimes incomplete and some problems stay unresolved (like ghouls and FEV), but I've always thought that informations there are canonically correct.

besides, we can be sure that super mutants can't reproduce, but I think they do have genitalia.
    - you can get Marcus a girl in cat's paw
    - you can seduce Harry when Vault Dweller's a woman, so he has to have some libido
    - come on, people's ballsacks and phalluses would just fall off after dipping in FEV? and women's vaginas would disappear? how would they pee?
    - finally, Master wouldn't be so stupid to don't know that his mutants can't reproduce if they didn't have genitalia

I know that are just minor things, but hey, they're there.
    I also know that Vree described super mutants as sexually undifferentiated and I don't know what to think about it. there could be different kinds of super mutants - those who do have genitalia and those who don't - FEV doesn't work the same way for everyone. or maybe the mutant Vree was working on didn't mutate correctly. or maybe they do have some different genitalia than humans and Vree didn't recognize them (okay, I've gone too far with this one). or maybe this is just another unresolvable matter, like said ghouls and FEV.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  19. Ceratisa

Ceratisa Sarcastic SOB

Nov 4, 2013
    I don't think Vree mentioned them lacking genitalia, I thought they lacked secondary sex characteristics and are sterile, I know her report only mentions sterility.

20. mef

mef Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 29, 2014
    well, it seems you're right

so now we can all sleep at night knowing that super mutants do have ballsacks.