Armoured talking heads

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Josan12, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Ok guys:

1) whaddya think?
    2) Is it possible to script different talking heads to display when the NPC is wearing different armours in the same way as the NPC armour mod?

2. MIB88

MIB88 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I think so. All that should be required is to change the heads.lst file, add the art, and make a check in the talk procedure to determine if a specific armor is worn. Actually, I think it would be quite easy.

3. taag

taag Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 30, 2008
    I figure you could create PA and APA talking heads. But how you expect to create all the others?

4. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    hm modeling? :roll: and jeah i think also that it can be done, the hard job are the frm, the scripting is not a big deal i think!

5. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    And who should do this?

Some armors could be used from other talking heads, I think.

6. taag

Aug 30, 2008
    Like the purple robe? Sulik in purple robe :lol:

7. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes, as example. But it still will be a lot of work.

8. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    not more as the npc armor mod ;)

9. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Very true. :)

Yes, the other armours are a little more difficult though.

APA - can be taken from the drill sargent's head. In fact, as none of the NPC's wear APA helmetless, his talking head could be used as is...
    PA - I took the above from Rhombus's talking head. It would work for Sulik, Cassidy (though his head kinda looks like it has PA already!) and Myron.
    Robe - I can take it from the leader of the Abbey's (i forget his name) talking head. NP.

Combat - would need to be modelled
    Leather - Ditto
    jacket - Ditto

Maybe Jotisz would be interested in helping with this as he's already made a basic start on CA ....
    All that would need to be done is the shoulders.

But for me the key question is: is it worth the effort? i mean, do you guys think it would significantly improve the game?

10. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    I think its a great idea, but it is very lot of work to made this!

I think times ago about somethink like that, but with the backgrounds, like when sit nigt day and morning the background will change!

But never finished this!

11. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Great idea Wolna. You're full of the good ideas! But as you say, a complex task to model the backgrounds.

Well, if someone is prepared to do the (supposedly) easy scripting ( :wink: @ MIB88 :D ) i will definately do the APA, PA & Robe TH's for the appropriate NPC's, as it's really not much work. The other armours will be a bonus if we can find the time and the talent!

12. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    It would be a good thing I will start to make the armors hope they will look good when I fininsh them

13. cronicler

cronicler Lurksalot

May 31, 2006
    The infiltrator at Cathedral in FO1 was wearing a grey(?) robe and had talking head. You might be able to use that robe and replace her head.
    Its kinda sad. The fact that she had a TH shows she was supposed to be important but then her scrapped/used elswhere...

14. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
  15. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Right on, thanks Lexx. I prefer Jane's robe and it looks like it would be easier to modify for the NPC's

Watch this space!

16. Mr.Wolna

Nov 15, 2007
    I think this is no new mod! t is an addon to the NPC Armor Mod ;)

So you should make a standalone pack after finishing work.

17. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Here is a try for the combat armor Combat armor (too bright I know) I'm posting it mainly cause I don't know why but ut looks strange I need some idea which parts to change or replace and how

Also I started to create a Leather armor

18. taag

Aug 30, 2008
    These will help you for that leather armor model.

19. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    The shoulder pads of the combat armor are to small, I think. Take a look at the critter ingame. It is also more "bulky" and harder. In your image it looks like a standard bullet vest.

20. taag

Aug 30, 2008
    Yeah, they exaggerated with dimensions because the details would otherwise be lost once you reduce the model to its in-game version