Assassins Creed: Origins is awesome because it's not an AC game

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by CT Phipps, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:50 AM.

1. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Half-way Through My Half-life

Sep 17, 2016
    Honestly, I'm really enjoying this work for the fact this is the least Assassins Creed game of the franchise so far. There's almost no references to the First Civilization, the Assassins don't exist yet, and even the Templar substitutes aren't really the villains vs. the historical personages.

It reminds me a bit of ACIV in that respect where the Assassins Creed elements are almost nonexistent.

Do I actually hate Assassins Creed and just love history and stabbing people?

It's probably my favorite since IV and IV was my favorite.

I also don't hate the protagonists.

2. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    Seems to be a beautiful and greatly detailed represntation of an historical period, with the good old meh gameplay spiced up with some Witcher III inspiration. And really, that's fine by me. No need to appeal to absolutely everyone as focus goes, even if the gameplay does. Been seeing some stunning screenshots on my Steam feed.

3. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Bayek and his wife have very stereotypical motivations (REVENGE FOR OUR CHILD) but they have a believable loving relationship otherwise. I wonder if it's just a case of slowing down and establishing character which so many other games fail at.

I'm not deep into the game but it is massive and beautiful with a lot of Witcher 3 elements.

4. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...I Remember...

Sep 11, 2010
    Could get stale and repetitive as you go on though.

5. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    I'm about a dozen hours in now and it's basically less and less like Assassins Creed and more like The Witcher 3.

Which isn't bad but it's heavy on the RPG influences.

6. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    "This is a great addition to the franchise because it barely resembles the franchise"

You're... uhhh... fuckin what

7. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    It's almost like I found it strange enough to mention. Seriously? You didn't get that?

8. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    No I'm saying it makes no sense.

9. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    It actually does.

10. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Very well....I think they overdid a lot of the elements in previous games and focused more on the characters and time period.

And it worked.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017 at 3:40 AM
  11. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    The break from the yearly cycle definitively seems to have worked. I'm seeing the fans quite satisfied with it, and it's being reccomended, even minding the old Ubi tropes and the like.
    If it's broke, fix it.