Chris Avellone Interview Part Two

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Nov 21, 2016.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Sugarbombed released the second part of the recent Chris Avellone review. This one is quite a bit more interesting. Does anyone get the idea that the Obsidian/Avellone split wasn't entirely amicable?

2. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    I honestly wonder what be relationship between Chris and Josh is like now to be honest.

I don't know how friendly they were with one another to begin with, but I guess something happened between then (according to RPG codex anyway).

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  3. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Following the Codex's log on Chris Avellone's comments regarding Obsidian does bring this idea to mind often so I guess this interview adds more fuel to this idea.

It's a real shame to see the extent of their falling out in these interviews. Hopefully a reconciliation occurs at some point (unlikely as it may be at this point).

4. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I would like Avellone to take over the writing for Fallout. With him working for them maybe it is possible...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    That would be good (though an additional measure would be to keep Emil away from the writing desk, keep Todd solely in handling promotions, make sure Hines does not handle PR and change the way they've been approaching the franchise).

6. Mr muggyman 3000

Mr muggyman 3000 Lover of coffe cups

May 3, 2016
    So basically what your saying is, it will take a giant sized miracle from the gaming gods in order for us to get a good fallout game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Risewild

Risewild Vault Fossil
    Modder

Jun 14, 2014
    The gaming gods are dead since the early 2000's.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Nah, they just went to Kickstarter.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  9. CaptJ

CaptJ The Rival of Roquefort Hall

Jan 19, 2016
    They wouldn't be called miracles they are expected to happen. Emil is an award winning writer in an industry with hacks like David Cage and Ken Levine. They really have no reason to replace him. While better writing would help a new Fallout title, it isn't going to fix it. I rather have Fallout die; in fact, take Bethesda with it, take the entire industry with it, have all of the non-fan gaming news and review site die off from lack of ad money, and have E3 get less coverage than someone who is throwing a handful of pennies on the ground to see if anyone would pick them up.

10. AgentBJ09

AgentBJ09 A Smooth-Skin

Jul 9, 2015
    Not a bad interview so far. Still it's Sugarbombed, so this is about as good as I expect them to be.

11. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    Nobody has ever questioned the quality of Bethesda's Marketing. The issue is the garbage they're spending all that marketing money on.

• [Like] [Like] x 2