Demo levels 1 and 2 in orginal campaign

Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Modding' started by bon007, Sep 7, 2018.

1. nadeauhugo

nadeauhugo Author of FOT mod THE SUM Modder

Mar 9, 2014
    This code is all that is needed in the .txt sound file you import. But if you want to keep already existing sounds for the map and you have another sound file; you'll have to mix the two codes together. First part of the code will then have to be a complete list of the sound zones...

2. bon007

bon007 Bon

Nov 14, 2015
    This code is great thx
    But now when i have new music songs in both my new maps, old default fight songs mixed with my new import mp3 themes [during the fight] o.O
    Can somehow disable this "default fight music" which turns on during the fight?

3. nadeauhugo

Mar 9, 2014
    Oh, I see... It didn't occured to me as I deactivated it completely in my mod. I am afraid it is not possible. If the combat music runs, means it is created automatically for all battles... Only way I can think of is to erease/replace the files, but that will jeopardize the entire game...

4. bon007

bon007 Bon

Nov 14, 2015
    Ok next question
    When i add "tiles" objects [Tables, floors, walls etc] in two-level map [normal area + underground ]
    Game show me still my new ADD Outdors obiect when im in underground level wtf ... ?
    What can I do to make new ADD "tiles" objects from the upper level disappear when my team is on the lower level.

5. nadeauhugo

Mar 9, 2014
    Oh yeah, that means you didn't recreated the occlusion Data. It is not an automatic process within the engine.

If you press Ctrl+O or Tools/New Occlusion Data, it will then be ok. You'll have to do this often, even to continue working sometimes.

But when you do, backup after Big changes. It is known to bug sometimes and corrupt the file. It happened to me twice before.

6. bon007

bon007 Bon

Nov 14, 2015
    Ok thx
    But what you say about turret
    This i need triggers too work ?

7. nadeauhugo

Mar 9, 2014
    Yess. I suggest you check Preoria mission for some pointers on that. I think a turret must be of an ennemy team as well as having an activation with a checked "entity state" trigger. You can check it as activated in the entity properties, it must certainly work, but normally it is better with triggers as you can also hide a switch somewhere and make it correspond, so player has at least two way to solve the deadly treat.