Does the Pathfinder perk actually work?

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by nkchan16, Nov 2, 2017.

1. nkchan16

nkchan16 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 27, 2016
    I don't if it's just me but I've always had the impression that taking "Pathfinder" perk in Fallout 2 makes travelling on the world map even slower. Does it actually work? Is there a way to verify that it actually does what it claims?

2. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    And it got fixed with sfall.

3. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    But it doesn't seem any different in RP 2.3.3 and other FO2 mods that use Sfall either. Do I need to enable that fix in the INI file?

One of the things I hate most in RPGs is skills and perks that don't do what they advertise...

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Pathfinder changes how fast the "in-game time" passes when traveling on the world map, not the travel speed itself.
    If you move too slow on the world map, try adjusting WorldMapDelay2 setting in ddraw.ini. It has nothing to do with Pathfinder perk.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  5. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    What? Well, I've always thought taking the perk would reduce the "actual time" spent on the world map, which I thought, should increase the travelling speed and that's never been the case, huh? Thank you for clarifying what it actually does. In that case, not much point in taking the perk.