E3 Fallout News Thread

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Jogre, May 29, 2018.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Orderite of Chaos Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Then after they remaster Fallout 3 in Fallout 4's engine people will try to remake Fallout 4 in Fallout 3 again. Just before they are finished Bethesda will release another slight update to Fallout 3 and 4 so the mod teams have to start all over again.

https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/1001495817184661504?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https://s9e.github.io/iframe/twitter.min.html#1001495817184661504

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/29/17406578/fallout-twitch-stream-bethesda-best-moments

All Vaultboy references. I predict we will see him in some form. PAY ME MONEY I AM A PSYCHIC.

The Codex acts as if Bethesda farmed out another New Vegas but NOT to Obsidian. It is something I have pondered a lot.

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1447

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Aurelius Of Phoenix

Aurelius Of Phoenix First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2018
    What would you think if you saw this?

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    I think we have already said what we thought when we saw this.

4. xKiwil

xKiwil Courier 6

Mar 18, 2018
    Please for the love of god, not Fallout Shelter 2.

5. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    Interesting I suppose. It's probably some sort of remake, but keep in mind that Bethsoft does have a MOntreal studio that was worked on port but was set up to increase big AAA, so I'm thinking spin off.

6. xKiwil

xKiwil Courier 6

Mar 18, 2018
    What kind of spin of do you think?

7. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Mildly Dipped

Dec 6, 2016
    Austin Walker (Waypoint/Giant Bomb)

https://twitter.com/austin_walker?r...owthread.php?tid=75981&pid=4311991#pid4311991

Oh boy :lol: I just want to see what confusion Bethesda will get into this time. :lol:

8. xKiwil

xKiwil Courier 6

Mar 18, 2018
  9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I can't wait to marvel at the salt downpour then!

10. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    I know Fallout 4 mentions Chicago a few times, i.e Enclave bases and the like, but it could be anywhere honestly.

11. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    My guess... a 'remaster' of Fallout 3 in Fallout 4's engine or a Fallout Shelter expansion (Radioacitve Crusade or Wrath of the Vault Boy anyone?).

Either way, can't wait to see the salt if all this teasing amounts to nothing.

12. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Wouldn't put it past Bethesda for this to be an official annoucnement of BethesdaLand E3 2018 edition (their E3 presser) and for it to have actually nothing to do with a Fallout release. Just a 'get ready' screen from one of Bethesda games basically.

13. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    The one thing that gives me hope is the unenthused responses about Bethesda in most comment sections where most expect this announcement to be some shitty letdown/waste of time.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    That's the sign of a healthy brand lol.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  15. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Writing has been on the walls the past few years. They are declining just as Obsidian has. CD Projekt is hopefully not next.

16. MPPlantOfficial

MPPlantOfficial It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 24, 2017
    I heard it was gonna be a "REMASTER".

(They're gonna say The Master is alive and is proceeding with the Mutant plan for some reason even after bringing him Vree's Holodisk.)

17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    That would imply Bethesda even knows what happens in Fallout 1 beyond skimming the wiki.

18. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Fallout? Bethesda? Meh...

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  19. I eat supermutants

I eat supermutants The cook-cum-captain

Nov 30, 2013
    Oh Jesus Christ just let it die and leave a smelly bloated corpse. I feel about Fallout like I feel about Star Wars these days. Just let it go and die.

20. Proletären

Proletären Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 15, 2012
    I hate how Bethesda are overusing that "Please stand by" thing. They've kind of ruined it for me. I thought it was pretty cool in the originals but now I just hate it. They have also ruined vault boy, who I quite liked in a gimmicky way in the originals, but now I just turn into blind rage as soon as I see him.

Last edited: May 30, 2018