E3 Fallout News Thread

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Jogre, May 29, 2018.

1. Money4U

Money4U First time out of the vault

Oct 22, 2015
    It will be something regarding Fallout Shelter for sure, I mean just look at that logo closely, it screams Fallout Shelter 2 lol
    It also could mean FO3 remaster, this would be so fu***** boring, while I think that FO4 is the worst from the series, FO3 is just behind it...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Kohno

Kohno Vault Dweller

Jul 30, 2009
    Can't really care what it is before it is something, and even then, it's likely I can't care.

3. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Fallout 76. Seems to be a spin off ala New Vegas.

You start in Vault 76 so no retarded Cryo sleep shit. Still, no Obsidian so, eh.

Vault 76 was mentioned in Fallout 3 as a control Vault but never appeared in game. Will probably take place close to DC.

4. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Looks like it might take place 20 years after the War, which could be a good idea.
    But I fear that their almost legendary laziness will make the game less than enjoyable again.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  5. Kohno

Kohno Vault Dweller

Jul 30, 2009
    Meh...

6. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Witness the origins of the Capital Wasteland, how it started with nothing and ended with nothing.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    On the shot of the Vault the poster says "Reclamation day" and there is obviously party decorations around.

Colonization of the Post war world by the Vault citizens I am guessing, will probably end in death, and you will go looking for some lost family member.

EDIT:
    Vault 76 is in Virginia apparently. Anyone more familiar with US geography tell me what this means locationwise in relation to previous games.

8. Danuis

Danuis Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 6, 2016
    Control vault could be anywhere. Might tie in to El Paso still.

Edit: Virginia???

Are we going to like, find Rockopolis? Ugh.

9. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    So I guess we'll get real news at E3?
    Meh.

10. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    Would be interested in it if Obsidian name on it, but this way it's probably just same garbage as always.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Obsidian said they weren't involved, but curiously Chris Avellone retweeted the initial announcement, and didn't he post a Picture of himself huging Vault Boy or something couple of months back?

Edit: Apprently he changed his Facebook profile picture to himself hugging Vault boy some months ago but right now it's just a pic of his face.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  12. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    Even if MCA were on board, unless he's overseer of the whole project (which is very unlikely) I can't see him turning a turd into something good just from being around.

Apparently this one comes from Bethesda directly, not from one of their bought studios? In this case we know pretty damn well that this game is going to be a pile of shit.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    I fear that this might be true. The idea of a vault opening properly and the people being released and maybe the game being a colony simulation like Rimworld or something like that is really cool, but... Let's face it, Bethesda doesn't have a very good track record of actually doing their great ideas justice. Case in point: The entirety of Fallout 4.

14. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 12, 2011
    Jason Schreier from Kotaku is saying it's an online game of some sort:

https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announces-fallout-76-1826417383

Also, I've been gone a while. Been going through a life transition. Glad this announcement brought me back. :P

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    So I guess I was right when I joked about it being Fallout Battle Royale.

Bleh.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    Honestly, this could go somewhere good.
    If MCA is working on it, I have a massive amount of faith in the project.

Bethesda could learn from the mistakes of Fallout 4 and we could get a decent game, maybe even great.

Bethesda has one job, don't fuck it up.

(Also, please don't let this be a MMO)

17. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Team-based shooter around base-building mechanics, team of vault dwellers defending against raiders.

18. Norzan

Norzan Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Apr 7, 2017
    Thank god it's not New Vegas 2. They are already raped pretty much everything from the first two games, didn't really want a game where it destroyed everything established by New Vegas.

And since this Fallout 76 it's made by Bethesda, big pass.

19. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Oh come on Milim, you don't really believe that that could ever be true, do you?

MCA being on this, or Bethesda learning from their mistakes.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  20. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    MCA could be on this, but I doubt he would be since it appears to be a multiplayer game without much writing required.

• [Like] [Like] x 1