E3 Fallout News Thread

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Jogre, May 29, 2018.

1. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I think you should take everything Kotaku says with a grain of salt.

2. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Only when it's opinion based not when it's just relying press release information.

3. HagusDangus

HagusDangus First time out of the vault

May 30, 2018
    You guys noticed the Pipboy though, yeah? Maybe they brought devs on who give a shit about 1 and 2?

4. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    So it could really be an online Fallout game?

Eh, Bethesda was bound to make such a title sooner or later.
    If it takes inspiration from Fallout 4 it will probably a PA minecraft type game.

5. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    "The PipBoy slightly resembles the interface of Fo1/2, they must have learned from the past and now the game will be good!!"

Dream on.

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  6. HagusDangus

May 30, 2018
    Not saying that, Bethesda is kinda blase to aesthetics from the Black Isle games, which makes me think they might have another studio working on this; or at least a team with some fresh blood.

7. Anvirol

Anvirol First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2009
    Year 2102, I guess we won't be seeing BoS at east this soon after the war. There could be other U.S. army remnants though! (Enclave..)
    Super mutants could've already spread from Vault 87 to neighboring states.

I hope it features co-op multiplayer (I would still play alone) at most.
    MMO or any kind of team based combat game doesn't seem too interesting.

8. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    Oh boy that is what we really wanted or needed, more Enclave and Super Mutants

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  9. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 12, 2011
    Where do you get year 2102? Doesn't the title suggest it takes place in 2076?

10. MasterworkStone

MasterworkStone Wasteland nobody

Jul 9, 2016
    If it's an online game of sorts, I hope that Bethesda has direct involvement in this instead of it being a new developer, because Fallout getting ESO's lore treatment would actually be worse than anything Bethesda can manage, as low as that bar is.

11. Norzan

Norzan Vault Dweller

Apr 7, 2017
    Because Bethesda already didn't ruined those two things to a near unrecognizable state already.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    No, that's the vault number. I think it will take place in 2097, since Vault 76 was supposed to open 20 years after the War (correct me if I'm wrong).

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  13. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    Hmm the Pipboy in the trailer mentioned 2102

14. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Oh, ok. Then it will be 2102. 25 years it is.

15. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    So Hassknecht, if it turns out to be a multiplayer game, focused mostly on gathering, building, some fighting, will you be playing it?

16. ActivePalpitation

ActivePalpitation First time out of the vault

May 30, 2018
    Bethesda doesn't know how to write anything that resembles a rebuilt, politically divisive society post-nuclear war, so they set it less than three decades after it happened.

Not surprising, seeing as all they could make in fallout 3 and 4 were generic dilapidated structures you see in all post-apocalyptic movies.

They could actually do something cool with the very first interactions with ghouls, but I fucking doubt it.

Definitely an MMO though.

17. FearMonkey

FearMonkey Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 12, 2011
    Were people even allowed to come out of the vaults in 2102?

EDIT: I guess in Fallout 3 it says this one was supposed to open 20 years later as was mentioned before. It is still very early where I am. :P

18. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I wonder if this will be a game solely focussed on the settlement building parts of 4 mixed in with some raiding or looting for components to continually expand one's settlement.

For the online battle royale aspect, it could end up being like Metal Gear Online where players raid each other's settlements for objectives and what not (or raid some generic raider camp).

Knowing Bethesda, those ideas could and probably would fail due to their brand of laziness. Plus 2102... here comes the retcons...

19. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    A girl can dream.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. HagusDangus

May 30, 2018
    Sorry to keep mentioning it, but besides for my hope that they contracted another studio to make the game, what's the point of using the old Pipboy design?