Fallout 4 1.2 patch is live on Steam

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    The first patch for Fallout 4 is now live on Steam and should auto update unless you have that option disabled. Patch notes:

Console patches should go live later in the week.

2. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic Asshole oTO Admin Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Wonder what stuff this will break? Too bad they aren't like CD Projekt where they add nice little updates to the game after they launch. FREE updates.

3. aenemic

aenemic Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jun 4, 2008
    None of the bugs I have actually encountered are in that list. Including a few I understand hits everyone on all systems.

4. Walpknut

Walpknut Koichi Really Steals? No Dignity

Dec 30, 2010
    SoI got out of a building and the game went crazy. Amazing patch Bethesda...

Wow, the game is LITERALY running worse now, it freezes on quick save and the loading times have gotten even worse...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  5. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Known Issues:

- Dragons may now fly backwards

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  6. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    As if it would help this game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Censor

Censor Huh?

Jan 28, 2013
    I have installed the beta patch before and now in Steam I have the [beta] tag still behind my Fallout 4 installation.. anyone else have the same?
    I'm not sure if I have the latest patch or not. Can anyone who has this latest patch tell me what version is shown in-game?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Nas92

Nas92 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 8, 2012
    Heh, stay classy, Bethesda.

By the way, is it just me, or is this game not nearly as popular as it should what with the gigantic hype around it? I remember 2011 November, everyone was playing and jerking off to Skyrim, making all kinds of shitty memes (arrow in de knee derp). I don't see the same happening for F4.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    People are growing slightly tired of the formula when better options are presenting themselves.

10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    So I am still getting the TAB key bug. Bash/PowerAttack/Grenade are still the same fucking button.... How hard is for them to change that? seriously...

11. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I've been getting bugs with the Pipboy not working when exiting power armor, but working again when I try entering it again.

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    For me the only fix is quiting the game and restarting it from scratch. I actually got stuck on a stupid Pipboy minigame because I loaded the wrong holotape into a terminal and the "Eject" option was greyed out, the TAB didn't work and the mouse disappears during the minigames so I had to load a previous file...

13. Money4U

Money4U First time out of the vault

Oct 22, 2015
    I have the same thing.. Wow they even can't properly release their patch, let alone fixing bugs lol :razz:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  14. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Maybe they decided to be honest and just declare Fallout 4 as what it is: A public beta-test.

15. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Well the patch didn't fix the frame drops. Not like I expected it would but eh...

16. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    You can fix that issue for TAB by using ALT + TAB then getting back into the game. It's funny that those Unofficial Patch creators are already working on an unofficial patch at the moment in order to fix all the things Bethesda will not fix.

So they finally fixed that "stuck in terminal" bug I kept running into that not even the tcl command would fix? How the fuck did that get through <s>alpha</s> beta testing?

17. Gonadius

Gonadius First time out of the vault

Jul 7, 2015
    You could have said the same about the release of Fallout 2. I'm still grumpy about having to restart when I had the memory error from visiting too many locations, and the game crashing every time you try to go somewhere now. Sure it was patched, but saves weren't compatible... Not to mention the multitude of other bugs and unfinished content. Sure it wasn't as bad as a Bethesda game, but it was still pretty dire.

18. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    The patch is live on Xbox now.

19. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Indeed, Fallout 2 was terribly buggy on launch (and for quite a while after that, too).
    The german version was especially shoddy, with tons of grammar errors in the translation.

20. Mr Fish

Mr Fish Toront's Lap Dog

Sep 11, 2010
    On FunnyJunk, an imageboard, there is still quite a lot of daily Fallout 4 posts.
    Depends on where you look I guess.