Fallout 4 how bad is it?

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by DirtyOldShoe, Sep 29, 2016.

Every one agrees that Fallout 4 is a bad video game, but how bad do you thing it is?

1. It's embarrassingly bad.

63.6%
  2. Worst video game, worse then Takeshi's Challenge

14.5%
  3. It made me lose brain cells.

34.5%
  4. No rating is applicible, that's how bad it is.

14.5%
  5. Dog poop has a more solid core design and I'd rather play it.

19.1%
  6. People that play/like it have no standards and should be ashamed.

24.5%
  7. I don't hate video games, so I can't consider Fallout 4 a video game.

21.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess...Mutant.

Nov 8, 2016
    ;(

Thank god I don't fund these people.

Sad so few others have learned.

I have not given a dime to...Just about any AAA company in AGES.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Ranger Bitch ;)

Jun 15, 2015
    One of the biggest problems with Fallout 4 is that it feels like it was made by a committee and not by people who are passionate about games or are gamers like Obsidian or CD Projekt Red. It seems like a committee of suits got together, looked at other games that are popular and told Bethesda to add this feature to their game or make their game like another popular game in order to get that other games audience and make a maximum profit. No wonder the game feels so manufactured and by the numbers.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. GarrettRR

GarrettRR First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2017
    Maybe because this is an absolute echo chamber for people who hate the "new" Fallouts? Go absolutely anywhere else if you want an honest answer on how good of a game Fallout 4 was.

5. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    Considering the fact that you are disagreeing with me disagreeing with someone on NMA indicates it isn't an echo chamber. When you say "New Fallouts" you are pluralizing Fallout, implying more than one. The two newest Fallouts at Fallout 4 and Fallout New Vegas. I have observed that the majority of people on NMA enjoyed FNV, so unless there is another Fallout I'm not aware of, you seem ill informed.

Past tense. Hmm. Are you implying that Fallout 4 is dead? That would be wonderful news! But I will not fall to the blade of your internet trickery. As far as I'm aware everyone from every country that has played Fallout 4 classify it as the worst game ever made, minus about 6 people, you're one of them. :dance:

6. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    This is indeed a bit of an echo chamber, but Fallout 4 honestly just isn't all that good. It's quite fun for a while, but the story is full of plotholes (and while most games suffer from that, it's especially bad in Fallout 4), the gameplay is quite frankly bland, and it's very obvious that the game was kinda rushed and lots of parts were cut.
    Games like Witcher 3 set a new standard for open world RPGs, and Fallout 4 doesn't really come close.
    I want to like Fallout 4, because I still like Skyrim, as bland as it is, but Fallout 4 just doesn't bring enough fun to the table. It's not the worst game ever, but it's also not very good. I'd call it mediocre, but "mediocre" has always meant a bit better than Fallout 4 for me.
    The graphics are pretty good, though, and the art direction is top notch (except for the weapons and armors).

• [Like] [Like] x 7
  7. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015

First Post: Standing up to us by pointing out this forum is an echo chamber.

Oh boy, one of those posters again. This is gonna be fun.

Anyway, your use of "Honest" answer suggests that the answers on this thread aren't honest. Isn't it entirely possible that a lot of the regulars on this forum honestly think that Fallout 4 is a bad or mediocre game for genuine reasons?

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  8. DirtyOldShoe

DirtyOldShoe Some kind of lucky

Dec 15, 2015
    Your opinion is invalid because it isn't the same as others. Get it together man!

9. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    So I should go the the PC gaming subreddit or RPGCodex and see 4's... Oh wait, Fallout 4 get lambasted there too.

There is such a thing as a differing opinion. This place may be a be a bit of an echo-chamber but it does not disprove their critique over Fallout 4 since some of them genuinely don't like what has been done to Fallout by Bethesda.

EDIT: Plus 4 is rather dull after the initial fun wears off and the reality sets in.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017 at 2:24 AM
    • [Like] [Like] x 2