Fallout 4 music preview

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Bethesda has revealed information about the music that will be in Fallout 4. Here are some highlights from the article:

More Music:

On Tone:

Original music:

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/facing-the-music-in-fallout-4/2015/11/02/42

2. Askorti

Askorti HATE NEWSPAPERS

Jun 30, 2015
    Music was never the identity of Fallout. Soundtrack was.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Lynda Carter is of course the wife of Robert A. Altman the Chairman and CEO of ZeniMax Media.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    but but Inkspots = Fallout right?

Screw that Louis Armstrong guy.

5. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Jun 17, 2007
    Wonder Woman and The Themyscirans with their new smash hit, "Mans World Sad World"!

6. THIJAKA

THIJAKA First time out of the vault

Jun 12, 2015
    This is actually a really solid article and all the music choices seem appropriate. One problem I had with the previous two games, Fallout 3 in particular, was that the only music present was from the 50s and it feels jarring when we only hear songs that where produced in the 1950s-60s even though music still would have been produced, even in Fallout's diverged timeline. It's easy to assume that Three Dog and Mr. New Vegas just like the classics, but I feel as though we need more. New Vegas fixed this slightly with Sawyer wonderfully recording songs but he is clearly not the most talented musician, and "Begin Again" was like nails on a chalk board. Hopefully Wonder Woman will actually bring some in-game universe music that sounds like a legitimate retro futuristic song that could have actually have been made.

The process of how they chose the music that will be in the game is hilarious! Hopefully Todd has good taste in music so we don't get another game where "Johnny Guitar" plays on constant loop.

7. Walpknut

Walpknut Background Radiant

Dec 30, 2010
    “ready to %#$@ some $%*# up.”

Oh my god, you can't use swear words on the internet!

Original in universe music. Cool.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  8. TransgenderVaultDeweller

TransgenderVaultDeweller "Fallout 4 adds to the lore"

Aug 14, 2015
    Bethesda, take notes from your betters.

K,Thx bai.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. THIJAKA

Jun 12, 2015
    That's unfair, Inon Zur did quite a wonderful job with both Fallout 3's and New Vegas' ambient music.

If you're going to try and oust Bethesda on how to do ambient music, next time choose this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SefxmOv-88M

Desert Winds is ma fave <3

10. Willy Rogers

Willy Rogers Nothing better to do.

Jun 15, 2015
    Man, @#$& <bleep> that noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jxn1sqAQ-c

Chrysalis fo' life!</bleep>

11. THIJAKA

Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  12. D Borous

D Borous First time out of the vault

Nov 2, 2015
    Oh, when the songs are not looping constantly and overstaying their welcome are they cool to listen to.

Come to think about it, the radio might be one of the few aspects I enjoyed better in Fallout 3 than New Vegas; there wasn't a lot of material in the latter, and with the looping I had the radio off on my subsequent playthroughs.

I had better luck in Fallout 3 I found with not listening to the same song over and over again, and I found listening to Enclave Radio pleasing in my first playthrough. Maybe Fallout 4 will fair better, as long as there's no Three Dog copycat judging me with his black-and-white morality rules.

13. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Inon Zur only made ambience for FO3 which was re-used in FONV, which, by the way, also re-used the old Mark Morgan tracks

One of my favorites are

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. Money4U

Money4U First time out of the vault

Oct 22, 2015
    I really hated almost all music from F3, it was just too ''generic'' and ''empty'' for me, but in New Vegas I liked most of it, also New Vegas included many tracks from F1 and F2.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    I could listen to Big Iron all day :wiggle:

16. Graham2077

Graham2077 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 16, 2014
    This is my favorite track from the original games, was so glad they brought it back for New Vegas.

Hopefully if Obsidian does get to work on another Fallout title, they'll bring back Mark Morgan for the OST.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  17. THIJAKA

Jun 12, 2015
    Inon Zur did do the ambient music for New Vegas, as can be seen at the 34:20 in the making of New Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scqESZbRNkU

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. THIJAKA

Jun 12, 2015
    I feel as though the emptiness of the music was symbolic, just like in New Vegas were there was a western feel to it. The Capital Wasteland is a desolate empty place with a few spikes of hope scattered throughout, and I felt the music reflected that extremely well.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut Background Radiant

Dec 30, 2010
    I rather listen to Johnny Guitar on loop than listen to Three Dog's awful dialogue and shrill voice telling everybody how much of an Asshole Defiler I am right before stating how I just helped the orphan get a new home on Rivet City.

20. THIJAKA

Jun 12, 2015
    I'm not a big fan of Fallout 3's unbalanced karma system either, but Johnny Guitar is something else.