Fallout 4: New Vegas

Discussion in 'Fallout 4 modding' started by Proletären, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Proletären

Proletären Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Mar 15, 2012

So this is an attempt to recreate Fallout New Vegas in the "Fallout" 4 engine. As demonstrated in the video they have brought back skills and traits. If they manage to get this done within a short enough time span it will be a huge achievement.

The benefit over good ol' New Vegas would be the better gun play and AI.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. Ediros

Ediros Vault Dweller

Feb 4, 2016
    I mean, I don't hate the idea. However, IT seems like a huge waste of time to me. Mods like project Nevada, weapons of millenia, EVE would have to be ported or made from scratch. Fully modded new Vegas is already very good.

3. Beardy Unixer

Beardy Unixer First time out of the vault

Apr 24, 2018
    I'm not going to buy a copy of Fallout 4 just to play New Vegas - I already have New Vegas. If you already had Fallout 4, that's why we can't have nice things, and you don't deserve New Vegas.

So it seems kinda pointless.

4. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    I admire what they already did (bringing back skills, Vegas perk menu and intro), but I don't feel that they succeed.

We've had FO1 and 2 in NV and the recent FO3 in FO4, but everyone eventually burned through their enthusiasm and those mods got cancelled.

5. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    The Fallout 2 in NV is still going strong. I keep in contact with their team.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that mod is called "The way of Chosen". Made by the "Molten Clouds" team.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  6. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Yeah I also tend to agree that these ambitious projects in general never get finished because they turn out to big or to long for even a very enthusiastic modding team to be finished. Remember Fallout Lonestar? (the actual mod, not the dream project I would like to make)

Fallout New Vegas for Fallout 4 is perhaps still ongoing but I expect that within the next six months we will get the message that the project is temporarily being paused because team members have Real Life matters they have to deal with and that then he project will eventually be cancelled.

Kind of a shame that Fallout 1 for FNV got cancelled because I had wanted to see it, especially if it had brought back some of the cut material from FO1 and perhaps even added some new material.

The way of the Chosen, I found out about this one rather late. I really would like to see it get finished but I don't hold my hopes up.

7. naossano

naossano Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 19, 2006
    Did they implemented an actual dialog system ?

8. FuckingNerds

FuckingNerds First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2018
    Huh? It won't be hard to port weapon mods from Fallout 4 into Fallout 4: New Vegas. Weapons of Millenia will be easily outclassed by Fallout 4's superior animation systems. EVE as well.. Project Nevada is the only thing.

9. FuckingNerds

FuckingNerds First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2018
    Nobody cares enough about FO1 or FO2 to have good community support/outreach to have it ported into the shitty Gamebyro engine that Fallout NV uses. Sorry, tough truths. Fallout 3 got cancelled because they didn't want to re-do the dialogue themselves, but F:NV as evidenced by this video are obviously doing just that. If I could donate to Fallout 4:NV, I would.

If anything i'm glad Fallout 3 remake got canned, I hope the modders that are still enthusisatic about recreating a Fallout game in the 4 engine shifted their talent over to the Fallout: NV remake.