Fallout 4's first beta patch is out

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    The first patch for Fallout 4 is now out as a Steam beta patch:

If anyone opts into the beta please share your experiences good or bad here.

2. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    If you don't want to pull your hair out, let other people try this first and bork their savegames.

The fact that they are using the steam beta release system, instead of just pushing the patch doesn't tell me that they are even mostly sure if their own fixes for their own game are going to work.

Steam and Beta are two words that combined tend to mean "completely untested shit hiding behind the word Beta as protection from criticism."

3. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Sooo ... we are in the age where patches require their own patches now and where you have to beta test patches?

4. Zumbs

Zumbs Lurking Swamp Thing

Oct 11, 2008
    They had opt-in beta patches for Skyrim as well ;-)

I don't remember if they ever modified the beta patches before rolling them out for the general public.

5. ExplodesLikeABloodSausage

ExplodesLikeABloodSausage lol

May 11, 2006
    Nothing new here. This has been happening for years

6. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
    Plenty of other steam games push regular updates and patches without resorting to the opt-in beta mechanism.

That's also been happening for years.

Try again.

7. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Installed the patch, the game still re-detects my graphics settings on every start, doesn't save my in-game settings and doesn't properly save the advanced settings. Didn't have any of the other things that are supposed to be fixed. Good job, patch did absolutely nothing. Oh, wait, now it always detects my God Ray settings to high instead of ultra. Which is weird, because it automatically sets my graphics to ultra on start up, but when I open the advanced options the texture quality is set to medium and the God Rays are set to high. It's an unholy mess.

8. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011
    Maybe set your .ini files to not be read-only?

9. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Didn't do that.

10. DerGogan

DerGogan First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2014
    Well, that's a long bugfix list ...

11. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    At this rate they'll need 50 patches...to fix part of all the bugs in the game. :lol:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, but it will at least double the amount of bugs, since every patch comes also with new ones ...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. Shardik

Shardik Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 5, 2015
    I will never forget the infamous 1.2 patch in Skyrim, the one that caused dragons to fly backward and completely broke all player elemental resistances. They tried to laugh it off, but couldn't push the 1.3 patch out the door fast enough.

14. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    You forgot about the last Skyrim patch released that had that lip sync bug.

15. Aniki

Aniki Just Works

Oct 9, 2015
    The only problem here is your shitty PC, not the game.

As if you needed other weapons anyways

The issue here is that people are too stupid to finish one simple goddamn quest.

And that's a bad thing?

Immersion people. Get your shit straight.

That's not an issue, that's a hidden quest.

16. Shardik

Shardik Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 5, 2015
    Yeah, that one too. And on that note, Bethesda considered the game to be "complete".

17. MercenarySnake

Aug 22, 2015
    They forgot mess at the end of complete.

18. KiaEade

KiaEade First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2015
    It is a nice thing to tell the steps of first patch for fallout 4 update. It is the best version as compare to previous one. It was a little bit difficult for me at starting but now it is easy for me. The only big issue for me was an access of a fallout 4 updates, but later I got it by right click on the game and found a library option there. I selected an option of properties, then there I found the beta tab, and finally update there.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  19. BairdEC

BairdEC It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 21, 2015
    I've got the beta patch. I get CTDs now when I didn't before. It's not frequent, but it happens after fast travel. At least I don't lose much. Their "remapping" doesn't allow you to break out the additional functions bound to the L-ALT and E keys, which is what I was really hoping to see.

20. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    "General memory and stability improvements"

Oh but I thought Methead Hines said that it ran perfectly and that all the stability issues where people regfurgitating lies they heard! I think he said this after the admited to skip all dialogue in bethesda games becaue he finds it bad.

• [Like] [Like] x 5