Fallout 4's first review

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    International Business Times earlier today broke the review embargo and released the first review of Fallout 4. A few hours later they pulled the article but not before it was archived by some helpful individuals.

The First Fallout 4 review.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Doctor 0

Doctor 0 Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2015
    The review was extremely tame. I imagined a guy pissing his pants trying to not say the wrong things.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Carbon Dated and Proud

Jan 11, 2004
    Still, it doesn't completely match the will of the journalist hivemind Bethesda would like to impose on the gaming media department.
    It is a start I guess and confirmed that FO4's main questline is just dragged out instead of really well filled.
    Also really disappointed to hear about the companions. I am not saying I was completely overtaken by all the FNV one (Boone was a bit tropey) but at least these were all characters with their own background, motivations and so on, and not just packing mules that can sometimes fight. (though I guess companions like EDE, Rex, and Lily came a little close to that sometimes)

4. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Ranger Bitch ;)

Jun 15, 2015
    The companions in NV at lest had a reason for existing and there were consequences with their quest. Your actions and who you ultimately sided with as well as how you handle their quest ending up affecting their ending. With FO4 this doesn't seem to be the case. Damn shame.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. Chromevod

Chromevod Nope.

May 25, 2011
    From the looks of things, I'll probably just stick with just Dogmeat as a companion and treat the rest as NPCs that could give me a quest. Maybe wait for a mod to turn Codsworth into a Mr. Gutsy.

6. Nas92

Nas92 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 8, 2012
    At first I was happy that the reviewer had the balls to criticise Bethesda, but then I noticed he used Dragon Age Inquisition as a positive example. Maybe what he missed was idiotic le snark, forced and offensive romances, and annoying accents.

7. culot

culot that that is that that is

Nov 5, 2015
    ...farming? Farming?! Farming.

Well, jeez, I sure hope they put out a mobile app so I can tend to my farms while I'm on the move.

<script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script>How the heck does that even come about? Who thought that would be a good idea?!

Farming.<script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script>

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Walpknut

Walpknut Koichi Really Steals? No Dignity

Dec 30, 2010
    Farming as in just completing a bunch of random sidequests by the bulk. There seems to be just a bunch of generic Kill quests in this one.

9. Doctor 0

Doctor 0 Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 8, 2015
    Probably to get us ready for the MMO.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    I hope they are infinite just like Skyrim's Radiant(tm) quests.

11. culot

culot that that is that that is

Nov 5, 2015
    Ahh, okay. Judging by this video I thought it was going to the some Sims-meet-Farmville mess.
    <script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script><script type="text/javascript">window.onbeforeunload = function() {}</script>

12. Walpknut

Walpknut Koichi Really Steals? No Dignity

Dec 30, 2010
    Well there is settlement building, but it doesn't give you experience.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. 5545Trey

5545Trey Underground Deviant

Jun 25, 2014
    *Gasp* The first review of a Bethesda title is actually being honest?! Unbelievable!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. Dionysus

Dionysus Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 13, 2008
    I'm a little surprised that anyone would feel the need to farm or grind in this game. You should be able to zip through the main quest if that's what you want to do.

Anyway, it doesn't surprise me that the narrative and characters aren't strong. But I suspect that I won't agree with his complaints about pacing. I think the last two Elder Scrolls games moved way too fast, for example.

15. DerGogan

DerGogan First time out of the vault

Sep 21, 2014
    I'm pretty sure, it depends on how you play it. Of course it could be very slow pased, if you decide to do side quests or just wander off and explore stuff.

16. The_Guide

The_Guide First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2015
    10 hours of mole rats? How could it be possible?

17. Eumesmopo

Eumesmopo Learned to love the bomb

Dec 6, 2012
    No wonder they took it down.

18. DermoiD

DermoiD First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2015
    You do realise that "international business times" is just a worthless click bait site? Lol look at the name. It's some Indian dude praying for that sweet click bait moolah. Do some of you have difficulty with comprehension? Look at how crappy the article is written. Guy obviously has never played fallout out and created some degenerate click bait to ride the hype train. Lol people putting stock in a review from a site with the name of international business times. Ahahahahahahahahaha

19. Szilard

Szilard First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2015
    It's not *quite* that bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Business_Times

20. Szilard

Szilard First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2015

Interesting. A small chance that this will be a bit of a fiasco for Beth.