Fallout 4's voiced protagonist

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Antiantibiotic Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. Giax

Giax It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 13, 2015
    Hoping they asked him why he doesn't support the news.

3. DerGogan

DerGogan It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 21, 2014
    Found on a german gaming news site (don't know, if it's in this interview, don't wanna hear the complete thing), Courtney Taylor said the following (translated into english)

"The authors did an incredible job. It's exactly, what you would expect from a Fallout game - only better. It's more immersive. They raised the level with this one."

And she babbled something about the love to detail and compared this with Pixars "Cars"-movie. There are so many details, the camera doesn't capture, but they are present.

What the ... ? I know it's PR-rambling, but come on ...<cite></cite>

4. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    If you want to compare it to a Pixar movie... at least compare it with a good one and not with Cars.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. DerGogan

Sep 21, 2014
    Exactly my thought ...

6. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    They have to, or they just "cut" and do the interview all over again.

Kinda like how the FO:NV creators had to brag about the magic awesomeness of "VATS", which wasn't their dumb idea to begin with, but what can they do, be honest about it? They have to promote it - into the sky.

7. Burrich

Burrich meme me up scotty

Mar 2, 2010
    There's actually a grown man by the name of Kal-El?
    What a time to be alive.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. DerGogan

Sep 21, 2014
    Well, Nicolas Cage, the great and powerful, named his son Kal-El. It's not THAT uncommon ;)

9. valcik

valcik Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 20, 2008
    That's how Czech name Karel is being pronounced by people without front teeth. :V

10. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti I know what I'm doing

Oct 6, 2015
    Not that dissimilar from Hollywood really... they're all full of it basically.

Courtenay Taylor probably doesn't know Fallout from Fall Guy, but she will promote the hell out of it and say nice things because she has to--she's under contract.

Occasionally you'll see someone go "off script" in an interview, let a little honesty or cynicism slip out, but that's generally rare.

11. Kilus

May 3, 2003
    Yeah, you don't bite the hand that feeds you and beside that people are generally proud of their work contributions.

12. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    "So you weren't familiar with the Fallout setting, but you played Fallout 3 recently!"

Oh goodie.

13. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Vault Fossil

Jun 15, 2015
    Of course the actors are going to promote the hell out of this game, they are under contract after all. Very rarely do you get something like Mark Wahlberg speaking negatively about the The Happening or Bill Murray speaking negatively about The Garfield movie. If only.

14. Kilus

May 3, 2003
    I'm assuming those both were years after the fact anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  15. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Vault Fossil

Jun 15, 2015
    True as I remember reading this wonderful quote from Mark Walhberg of him admitting The Happening was terrible(but freaking hilarious)
    "The Happening. F— it. It is what it is. F—ing trees, man. The plants. F— it." - Mark Walhberg

Maybe will get something like that with Fallout 4. Hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  16. DerGogan

Sep 21, 2014
    Marky Mark would've been awesome in the boston set FO4 ... a foulmouthed boston synthy :D

17. whirlingdervish

whirlingdervish Brahmin Cavalry Commander

Jul 3, 2007
  18. anus_pounder

anus_pounder Shitposter

Nov 2, 2015
    I must admit, once I heard fo4 would have voice acted protagonists I immediately wanted Jennifer Hale doing the female PC. Might as well go full bioware, right?

Although in all seriousness, she really is one of the better voice actors out there.

19. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Vault Fossil

Jun 15, 2015
    Might as well seeing how they are trying so hard to pander to Bioware's fanbase.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. Teca

Teca First time out of the vault

Jun 17, 2015
    Heh, not too far off, Taylor voiced Jack in Mass Effect. Also Juhani in KOTOR and Gloria Van Graff in NV