Fallout 76: E3 Trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Hassknecht, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    They seem to have realize their t-65 Power piece of shit armor was dumb and are putting more emphasis on the classic T-51.
    One thing I notiched is that the Vault Dweller in the trailer puts on the armor manually, it was bulky but there wasn't much of an indication of the Fallout 4 style PA.

2. ironmask

ironmask It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2018
    Fallout of Nevada is better. I don't even need to see any gameplay to know which is worse.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Mildly Dipped

Dec 6, 2016
    You have my full support to badmouth Bethesda´s Fallout. But not for that. The T-60 is absolutely fantastic.

4. TerminallyChill

TerminallyChill Be excellent to each other.

Feb 16, 2018
    Remember when game announcements were exciting and not like a funeral?

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Looks like trash, just a retooled t-45 that has the gall to try and retcon itself into being "the best prewar armor".

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  6. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    Looks like a Fallout 4 spin-off though I am worried on what I've read about 76's sandbox being supposedly their largest (again...). I guess more is gonna be less again.
    I have to disagree. T-60 is just a lazy retool of T-45 that actively contradicts prior lore by having it be the supposedly superior pre-War PA to T-51 even if it has design flaws akin to T-45 (whereas prior lore established why T-51b was an improvement over prior PA).

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  7. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    I see the Greenbriar Hotel...a location in West Virgina that doubles a safe place for the government to continue on in case of a disaster. As for the T-60, it's fine if you head canon it to an improved, post war Brotherhood upgrade for their aging T-45's but it as a pre-war model made weeks before the bombs is just a bit silly.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    If T-60 was established as the CW BoS improved PA, there would not be any PA lore issues whatsoever.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well, it's not my job to fix their dumb writting by larping it being good so... no T-60 is bad in every aspect.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Well so far for me it looks like just more Fallout 4.
    The city that was shown still doesn't look like it was hit by an atomic warhead.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Orderite of Chaos Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Head canon? No. I won't head canon so they can write without checking prior lore to see if their shit makes sense. BEST PA SUIT EVER! Sounds like some shit a teenager would write. MY SUPERHERO IS THE STRONGEST EVER!

My favorite part of Bethesda Fallout is when you see a fully functional suit of Power Armor standing around in the middle of the street for everyone to pick up, but none of them ever have. I'm supposed to LARP that some dude left the suit there I guess recently and got capped in the bushes, or the locked door was just so super duper hard to get through, so everyone saw this badass suit but never tried to bust through and get it.

---

Well, it looks pretty. I like the influences from other Fallout games. I like Virginia. Probably going to give this separate team a chance to show us what they have before I badmouth the shit too much.

Any use of Van Buren material is a huge plus. I never had a problem with spinoffs. I have a problem with bad RPG's. If the developer makes no faux attempt at pretending the game is something it is not, I appreciate it a lot. Lets see what they say about the actual character building if there is any.

It's been years but I heard concepts like this being tossed around before actually. It took Bethesda growing to the size they are today to pull it off. They could have never made this many games at once before.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. TheHouseAlwaysWins

TheHouseAlwaysWins First time out of the vault

Nov 28, 2015
    Fallout's about having hope in the future regardless of everything that's happened however. Fallout 4 and 3 were both very against this idea but Fallout 76 seems like its going in a different direction in terms of theme with all of the plant life in it.

13. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
  14. TheHouseAlwaysWins

TheHouseAlwaysWins First time out of the vault

Nov 28, 2015
    I mean honestly Fallout 76 has a lot more color in it than in 4 and 3 and its' ACTUAL color not just everything bleached out, it's what the 3d games should have looked like to start out or something.

15. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    So he went from "it just works" to "It works better than usual?".

16. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    FAKE NEWS.

17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I don't have anything against those two nice girls, but they aren't funny and they are trying too hard.

18. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Mildly Dipped

Dec 6, 2016
    Hines. Just great.

19. DerGogan

DerGogan It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 21, 2014
    Jesus Christ ... How fucking stupid is it to let Andrew WK perform on the E3, where most of the attending folk is media journalist ... It's embarrassing to see the band rock it and the crowd just sitting there.

Would be amazing with an actual crowd, like GamesCom in Germany.

20. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Dat Butt Rock.