Fallout 76

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Hassknecht, May 30, 2018.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Orderite of Chaos Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    We should make NMA WAS RIGHT a meme.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Don't worry, I shall be one of the old fucks who's going to scream at the top of my lungs how Fallout 1 is THE best Fallout of all time.

Edit: btw, the Codex managed to leak 76's dialogue system. Here it is:

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  3. Einhanderc7

Einhanderc7 Vat dipped, grown and still oozing with perfection

Apr 22, 2016
  4. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
  5. Einhanderc7

Apr 22, 2016
    Maybe this?
    NMA Meme.jpg

• [Like] [Like] x 3
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    We have a winner folks. Go Reddit, Facebook, Tweet that bitch.

Corresponding dialog decline pics as source.

7. Einhanderc7

Apr 22, 2016
    Off to Beth net I go...

8. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    TL;DW notes for the F76 Noclip documenarty and some more info of it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/8qsx8s/complete_notes_from_the_noclip_documentary/

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Robots for quest givers? Get outta town!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. Squadcar

Squadcar First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2018
    How is there really a story? I can't see there being much of one... And somewhere I heard the nukes are end game content or something? I don't know if it was from noclip or not. The fact that it's end game content reminds me of Borderlands/Destiny/Division.

11. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Pfft. Nukes being end game doesn't really matter.

Put together four committed players with nothing better to do than playing the game all day, and you will (probably) start seeing nukes falling in less than a month. :lmao:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Arnust

Feb 2, 2016

Anyway, I can thank F76 for the spark up of activity here and on the Discord server. Couldn't have timed it better, spreading invites around a month earlier.

13. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    We're talking about the company here that thinks 'placing skeletons in awkard/interesting' positions is already good story telling so ... there is that.

And the text above also mentions a 'fire fighting' course that you can complete by finding fire fighting gear. The excitement is killing me here ...

I also find it funny how often they say NUKES ARE NOT FOR GRIEFING! It will be very funn to see how creative people will be in finding ways to annoy, troll and kill other players, just because they can, and that's honestly a problem in a lot of MP games. Also finding the right balance between new and experienced players will be a nightmare.

14. Squadcar

Squadcar First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2018
    Wait, where's the discord link? I'd like to join if I'm allowed to.

15. Arnust

Feb 2, 2016
    https://discord.gg/VgcmJCN

This but unironically. Really, it can be a blast.

16. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Hehe....'blast'. Get it?

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  17. Imagination Engineer

Imagination Engineer First time out of the vault

Thursday
    Well, we can talk for hours about what Bethesda doesn't get or maybe doesn't WANT to get...Bottomline: Fallout is a God-mode RPG with Post apocalyptic elements. I am God and I create a character with stats I wish them to have according to my style of play and gradually build them up to do tasks so life in that setting can get easier for a large group of people(as many as that character and story can affect. It serves justice and the good way of life in its own, if sometimes crude way{but it's a post-apoc world right? so that is its excuse}).

I get a clean slate to do whatever I desire and that wouldn't hurt too much in the greater scheme of things since its an all-new world after all. Plus it is I that makes the rules in this world. Gradually it rebuilds through versions of organizations sometimes evil, sometimes good, sometimes in-between(within the setting meanings of the respective words). You have BoS, Enclave, Vault City, NCR etc.

The idea is that gradually it will be rebuilt by the people and become a better place to live in.

Then all of a sudden you get Bethesda who: compromises BoS to the point of near extinction. Merges Vault City with NCR. Eradicates Enclave. With V76 it seems its goal is not to have BoS or NCR either.
    So they produce a MAD world(modelled after this one, so in many areas has similar consequences but run by crazy people or people that look like crazies cause Bethesda's understanding of the setting is SO POOR), with crazy rules, where you try to do all sorts of stuff to fullfill THEIR vision in exchange for trinkets and they merge that with the actual world which needed a different kind of healing method. Then they can;t understand how come "this doesn't work" since hey, they modelled it after the actual world, but in retrofuturism and all those changes and events that never actually happened(say, maybe Interplay was in the right track when they created all those new places to go with it as well??)

In addition they drop the "observant mode" and throw you in a pit of lions to do work, they should actually do themselves in actualizing their vision of what the world is about and pit each player against others in the process, when in classic FO at least you had organized rebuilding, by institutions and group of people. Then after they put people on each other throats for all sorts of reasons(even rebuilding which should be normal in a broken world they managed to make a huge issue out of with their implementation), kind of question "Why do people wanna do this solo mostly and not co-op or multiplayer?"(maybe if they get their heads out of their youknowwhat, could provide an answer).

In their version, one can do all sorts of stuff and especially in V76 another can go and "nuke" or brake it, just for the fun of it(and if this was really a real-like world as they envisioned it would result in both of you dying or being killed by a third more powerful one or one longer in the game).

And THEN you ask ME what is my F'ing problem with this game(s) and THEIR worldview?(I even have FNV-Unplayable cause of the FO3 pollution in it).
    THEY belong in a sanatorium/institute for the criminally insane, the sooner the better!!!
    Maybe the world was better if just tottally nuked. Vault doors shouldn't have opened for the Bethesda Vault "me thinks".

18. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I will be paraphrasing:
    Todd: "We implemented anti-griefing systems."
    Todd: "We will not have private servers at launch. They will come later."
    Todd: "When players die they don't lose anything and respawn nearby."
    Todd: "Every player will be marked on the map so everyone can see where others are."
    Todd: "Nukes shouldn't be used against other players or player bases because they take a long time to get, but they can."
    Todd: "Nuke impact zones are where the players can get rare and powerful materials. They will be deadly and players can't stay in there for long."
    Todd: "Nuke impact zones will revert back to normal eventually."
    Todd: "If your base is destroyed, you can just repair it."

... ... ...

So... anti-griefing systems... But then it makes it so killed players "respawn nearby" and that they are marked on the map for everyone else... So what is preventing a griefer, that just killed a player to check the map and see their victim respawning nearby, to just walk there and kill that player again, and again and again?

Nukes are very valuable so players will probably not nuke each other since that is a waste? Not really, Not only can a powerful troll(s) (achieved the feat of getting a nuke) hit another player's base and enjoy it, it can also go there and get rare, powerful stuff. With the added benefit that the impact zone is deadly for some time before it reverts. So even if players can just repair their base, they can't stay there for long before it reverts back to normal.

It just works.

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  19. obeliskos

obeliskos First time out of the vault

May 21, 2018
    I think it was Pete that said you can literally pick where you spawn, so that just contradicts what Todd said...

Like, do these guys know what game they made? I don't get how details are still this vague and conflicting.

20. Einhanderc7

Apr 22, 2016
    Let's see contradicting info from devs, Bethnet forums have gone completely wonky while the bethdrones engage in purge like posts to eliminate other individuals views.

Who wants to play a game that doesn't have any game mechanics established by the basis of design?
    Apparently a whole lot of people that think Fallout means if you name something fallout it becomes Fallout.
    So I think I'm just going to start uploading pictures with fallout stamped on it and wait for a legal notice to show up. It's basically what Bethesda is doing anyways.