Fallout Database

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Drobovik, Jun 8, 2013.

1. CPL

CPL Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

Mar 16, 2013
  2. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    Unware how to make carryweight unlimited, but have a link for a unlimited party member mod for 2.2 compiled by Darek. Files inside the archive need to be copied to data\scripts.

3. hexer

hexer It Wandered In From the Wastes
    Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Drobovnik,

I have some pretty rare Fallout files. How can I send them to you so you can put them in the database?

4. Drobovik

Jun 20, 2011
    Simple. Just rar or zip them, upload to some filesharing service. I use mediafire or copy.com (where you can get free 15+5 gb if you use the link in the first post of this thread). And send me a link via personal message.

5. Sduibek

Sduibek If only modding paid the bills... Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    What kind of rare files? :D

6. hexer

Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Some images from the developers and such. I have to dig through my collection (70+ GB of Fallout related stuff to see what's in there).

7. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Seventy gigs, wow. How'd that even happen? I probably have 10 or 20 but that's only because I have the images of various install versions, and about ten different install folders for testing. That's just crazy.

Heh, I remember when the whole hard drive for my computer was 10 megabytes. Things have come a long way since 386 :)

8. hexer

Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    LOL I remember 386 as well :) Most of my GBs are PA movies that inspired developers (in the highest possible quality) and also there are plenty of total conversions in there. I'll have to clean that up one day, there's probably lots of duplicates.

9. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah it tends to go this way.

I have spent a few years getting rid of all the physical possessions I don't need, and I'm almost done. Everything I own can fit into one load in a small vehicle, but digital clutter..... the digital clutter has replaced the physical clutter. Hundreds of thousands of files and several drives worth of data to go through. It's stressful and disheartening.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  10. hexer

Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  11. Prosatanos

Prosatanos It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 25, 2011
  12. hexer

Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    I would need one without any locations and in high resolution.

13. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    You're so picky! :P

Ask around here, one of our Photoshop wizards may be able to clean it up manually for you. Perhaps @.Pixote. or @Continuum or you could even start a new thread for it, that might work better.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
  14. hexer

Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    Hehe I have to be picky. I already asked Pixote but he's too busy.

I'll make a map myself I just need to find a good source map first.

15. voodzia

voodzia First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2005
    Drobovik - thank you very much for sharing all these files. But I have lots of problems with downloading from this copy.com server ('connection has timed out'). Maybe you could upload them to google drive or dropbox - their servers are much better.

16. Drobovik

Jun 20, 2011
    Sure, there is only a couple slight problems. 50 gigs of stuff is lil short of free 10-15 gig allowence of Drive or Dropbox.)) But if you are generously desire to pay $6-7 a month for 100 gig cload space. I'll be glad to upload to those services as well.:wink:

17. Sduibek

Oct 27, 2010
    You should see if you can organize a pool or something. Surely with a community this large we can find enough people willing to chip in?

18. voodzia

voodzia First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2005
    You got your point here. I'm sorry I didn't know that you need to pay for storing files on GD or DB. But once again many thanks for uploading all this stuff.

19. Orzie

Orzie Fallout Global Mods Freak

Jun 20, 2013
    Thank you so much for the Database. Every tiny piece of game content and modding endeavors should be saved at least for history.

The DB has proven its usefulness to me several times, too.

Также льстит, что не перевелись и на Руси фанаты этой замечательной игры, создавшие саму базу.
    Спасибо!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. Valkery

Valkery First time out of the vault

Oct 2, 2012
    Um, could you tell some of these mod tool makers to make better steps to use their tools? The Ruby tool to extract script files lacks descriptive steps to work the program. I would really make extensive use out of this tool, but the steps are really hopeless to follow.