Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    @Battlefieldisfun Hey there! Good questions, and thanks for your kind words. I moved yours about time scale to a new thread, as I think that's an intriguing idea! http://nma-fallout.com/threads/changing-time-scale.207514/

Increasing chance of critters to make targeted shots is actually quite easy. AI.txt is what you're looking for, the called_freq field - http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/AI.TXT_File_Format .

^^^ One unintended side-effect of that is lots of critters have mediocre % in their combat skill(s), so if you raise Called Shots high enough for everyone, it might result in a lot more misses and moderately more critical misses, which could actually make combat easier in the long run for the player. So it'd be all about finding a nice balance between calling shots and not missing all the time.

But you are correct, many critters are set called_freq so high that they effectively never do called shots, which is a shame.

Regarding ddraw.ini setting for that, I've never changed it so i'm not sure if it's just for player or for all critters as well as player.

F2 engine will bring Perk scroll yes, because that's part of the engine ;) Good point though, there's definitely some "not nearly as useful" Perks. Feel free to add feedback about Perks to the bug reports wiki! :D In my signature.

Please also add the vendor refresh comment/request to the bug reports wiki. That's definitely something I'm interested in doing at some point!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Agame

Agame First time out of the vault

Oct 6, 2016
    I have a question about the optional content, for example with "game start" I want to remove the bonus items given to the character, in the readme it says this is optional and can be changed, but when I installed I did not see this option in custom install. Or is there a way to change these settings once the game is installed?

3. cdoublejj

cdoublejj It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 30, 2007
    As kid I always assumed the super mutants dead animation with energy weapons and flamers was because all of their extra mutant flesh and muscle was being burned off to expose what was left of their original human skeleton.

4. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    That may have been an oversight on my part, but will be customizable in the installer and in-game upon next release.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    The bones grew with the flesh after the dippin... :falloutonline:

6. Agame

Agame First time out of the vault

Oct 6, 2016
    Great, for some reason I just prefer starting with the basic equipment!

7. Chaito

Chaito Led Storm.

Dec 31, 2008
    Hi, I played the FIXT, really amazing work!

I'd suggest future versions may include missing quests and removed content (As FO2:RP does), being the ultimate FO patch, and that content can be activated or not (with the wizard as it is now). We can give a hand providing ideas, code, or whatever it is needed!

8. Crivvens

Crivvens First time out of the vault

Oct 20, 2016
    Just picked up the game for a nostalgia trip and signed up a new account to grab Fixt! Any plans to restore any of the missing quests, like the Romeo and Juliette/Member of the Blades line? Wasteland Ghost was planning it back in the day but TeamX is dead :(

Late edit: Oh, I see the Agatha/Storyteller bug is Known

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  9. Crivvens

Crivvens First time out of the vault

Oct 20, 2016
    I've noticed, a lot of the action descriptions (e.g. [Agatha sighs], [Gizmo snorts]) have been replaced with onomatopoeia (*sigh*, *snort*). It's giving a lot of the dialogue a weirdly sarcastic tone. Is there a build without this?

Also the ghoul dialogues seem to have been replaced with generic Zombie noises.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    I just noticed that SFall now allows users to change the accuracy penalties for both called AND uncalled attacks.

Would it bother purists if a penalty was applied to uncalled shots? I mean, why even bother with the Body option when normal attacks are just as accurate and fire faster?

EDIT : Since AI behavior is based on the uncalled shot success rate, I figure simply giving called body shots an accuracy bonus would work out better.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  11. LRS

LRS First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2016
    Would it be possible to disable the Windows version check?
    After installing Fallout, then trying to run Fixt 0.81a, I get to the language selection screen, select English, then when I hit OK I get "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running."

(I'm using Wine as Win98, if I try later versions of Windows, Fallout doesn't even install. :-( )

12. PlanHex

PlanHex Useless layabout oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 4, 2007
    Ah, due to the "this version of windows is not supported" error from the autorun on the Fallout disc? You should be able to bypass that by running setup.exe directly off the disc or doing a manual install as described here: http://archive.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=1593

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. LRS

LRS First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2016
    Thanks - I just found out that if I change the bottle settings to WinXP after installing Fallout then Fixt will run.

14. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    We're getting closer and closer to the end of 2016 btw, when can we expect 0.90? Maybe around christmas?

15. Kyojinmaru

Kyojinmaru Anti-FEV Agent

Jul 7, 2011
    I have a question. Can I remove Sfall and Hi-Res patch from fixt, or are these mandatory stuff to play it?

16. aboynamedsulik

aboynamedsulik First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2016
    Romero and Julianna appear to be in the latest version. If you look at the Read Me file, it says the Update Patch v1.2.5 is included, and if you dig into the files you can find the Romero and Julianna scripts, so I think it's all in there.

Also, for anyone who is interested, I am a Mac user and I had a ton of success playing with FIXT a couple of years ago, whichever version was current at the time. I put down Fallout 1 & 2 for two years but I am back into it and have just installed FIXT 0.81. I'll be on the lookout for any features which don't seem to work. Running at 1440x900 on a 2009 Macbook Pro.

Edit: I guess it is possible that the files are included, but are somehow not active. I'll update this post when I get to Adytum and figure it out.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  17. aboynamedsulik

aboynamedsulik First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2016
    FIXT is supposed to include a mod called "Cheat Boy", right? The documentation for that mod is from 2004 and presumes that you are installing it on its own. It also says you should have the cheat boy in your inventory when you start the game. But of course, starting a game in FIXT does not provide the cheat boy to new characters. Is there something that I need to do in order to activate this? Some of the features sound cool - e.g. it would be nice to resurrect Dogmeat if he dies in a huge battle rather than reload a save and try again.

18. Ceratisa

Ceratisa Sarcastic SOB

Nov 4, 2013
    Aww shoot its already getting close to the end of the year. We must lend the modders our energy harder.

19. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I pray no Fallout game ever ships with a "Cheat Boy" for easy play...and if the dog dies, just replay, that's the tradition. The game is meant to hurt, that's what made it great.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    Just noticed this post.

Anyone can confirm this? Such stuff really shouldn't be changed from the original, imo.