Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Kryalis

Kryalis First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2017
    Does this mod bring Heather back into the game, thus being able to complete the Find Children spy in the Followers quest, so you can get the positive ending for the Followers of the Apocalypse?

2. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    Current version of FIXT has a quest in which you can identify and confront the spy, but the execution is extremely underwhelming...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Carnivàle

Carnivàle So it goes

Oct 8, 2011
    I installed the Fixes Only patch but the game crashes quite a lot.

I don't know what causes this, has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. Kryalis

Mar 11, 2017
    Oh right, sweet! So that means you can get the good ending for the Followers right?
    Also out of curiosity does this mod also bring the good ending for the Hub back as well?

5. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    The endings i had were good enough.

6. Kryalis

Mar 11, 2017
    Does it bring back the positive ending for the hub yes or no?

7. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    Don't remember which were the endings that were blocked, but the endings i got were good. People were happy and hopefull.

8. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    Yes, it does. Just be sure you keep Harold alive and don't do any quests for Decker. You also have to do the quest with the deathclaw in the cave iirc, but I'm not sure about that one.

9. Kryalis

Mar 11, 2017
    Alright awesome. Also just for confirmation does this also bring back the followers positive ending after you complete Find Children spy in the Followers quest (which I hear has been restored thanks to this mod)?

10. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    Yeah, it does. The quest isn't done the greatest way but if you do kill the spy you get the good ending.

11. Kryalis

Mar 11, 2017
    Awsum man, thanks for letting me know!

12. JulesB

JulesB First time out of the vault

Mar 29, 2017
    Hi all..

Please can anybody on here tell me how to change the customizable settings of the game other than using the settings within f1_res.ini or ddraw.ini files? (e.g. in game timers, smoking Ian, etc)

I have read the Fallout Fixt Changelog and it states that the Vault 13 Door Computer now has an option available from the beginning of the game which allows in-game customization of various game settings. However, I am unable to figure this out in game, how do I get this to work? I don't want to keep uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

13. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    I thought most settings were chosen during the installation.

14. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    Not in 0.81 alpha as far as I can see, bet he updated the changelog to 0.9 before vanishing into thin air

15. JulesB

JulesB First time out of the vault

Mar 29, 2017
    Yes, I did this when installing the game.. But what if I'd like to change these settings post intall, how do I do that, do I have to uninstall and then reinstall and choose again?

Thanks, this would explain why I can't access the Vault 13 Door Computer. Hope this is possible and will be implemented in the next version!

16. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    There might be a way to edit some text files and replace some 1 by 0 and some 0 by 1, but we need Sduibek confirmation and he didn't logged in for a while.

17. PsychoGlory

PsychoGlory First time out of the vault

Apr 8, 2016
    Question unrelated-but-somewhat-related-to-Fixt: I have recently installed the standalone addon by Sduibek that restores the good endings for the Followers and the Hub. However, according to the readme.txt file, a requirement for each ending is that the times for mutant invasion haven't passed. Does this mean the mutant endings for the two are implemented? Or will passing these deadlines cause the endings to be the bad ones instead? I assume the latter, but I would prefer if someone could give me an answer, as I don't want to play a whole game only to test this...

18. Oracle

Oracle Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 19, 2003
    @Sduibek Hey man, are you still around? didn't see you around lately. Still working on this mod or did your new job took all your time.

19. Cubik2k

Cubik2k Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
    Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    from his profile:
    :( :( :(

20. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Good news: I'm not dead or MIA! :dance: :boy: :postviper: :aiee:

Long story short as for most recent timeline: my laptop(s) died TWICE (July 2016 and Jan 2017). [Don't worry, did not lose any Fixt data.] My decision to go back to PC desktop after that meant it took forever to build one, since I hadn't built a desktop PC in over a decade.

As for prior to that, if you might have seen or recall I started a new job back in Oct 2015 and have been in "lightning round gogogo!" status at work pretty much nonstop since then. Which is awesome for me; 2 promotions in 1.5 years. But not-awesome for Fixt because it means while I've worked on Fixt for Fallout1 engine periodically in the interim, no public releases were made. And almost no progress on engine conversion.

Plans are still the same: release 0.90beta on Fallout1 engine which will be crash fixes and bug/issue fixes obviously, but also more installer customization options, robust in-game customization options, and 'major' implementations such as continuing play after Vault 13 dead / continuing play regardless of ending. *After that, all work forward will be on Fallout2-engine version.

No ETA on release dates at this time. That said, I now have a new working desktop PC and can relax a bit at work because this new role is salary and a slower pace. So hopefully I can finally begin working on Fixt again within the next week or so.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 4