Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Hubal

Hubal It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2014
    Check your ddraw.ini file, there is option to disable this.

2. renox92

renox92 First time out of the vault

Apr 17, 2018
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks, found it.

3. Foxx

Foxx First time out of the vault

Oct 31, 2017
    Just don't press SHIFT :)

4. GuyManBot

GuyManBot First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2017
    Hi all. Was considering replaying FO with the latest (and probably final) FIXT update. But I was wondering if there is a guide that includes the new/restored stuff, along with the OG quests. I want to make sure I do not miss anything this run.

5. SenorGast

SenorGast First time out of the vault

Apr 4, 2015
    Hello,
    I am not able to change the speed using ctrl+number, as with Restoration Project for Fallout 2.
    Should we also be able to change the speed with the Fixt? Can't remember...

6. Foxx

Foxx First time out of the vault

Oct 31, 2017
    In the file ddraw.ini
    SpeedMultiInitial=100 (the higher, the faster)

7. SenorGast

SenorGast First time out of the vault

Apr 4, 2015
    Thanks. Acutally, I know I can change speed with that value. But I would like to be able to adjust the speed while playing, as with Restoration Project, and it doesn't seem to work by default. Is that possible ? If it is, how do I configure the ddraw.ini ? I've tried some stuffs without success.

Edit : I would be curious to find the answer. However, my issue is solved : combats speed can be set in the parameters ingame. That's what i needed.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  8. SamBloke

SamBloke First time out of the vault

May 10, 2018
    Sorry to necro, but is that in the ordinary Fallout data folder or in the Fixt data folder?

9. burn

burn Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    if you're playing fixt, should be in fixt dir

10. Yulaw9460

Yulaw9460 First time out of the vault

Jun 7, 2018
    Allright, this is what I get, when I run into a special encounter on the world map. Having done some digging, as far as I can tell, the only encounter I've yet to experience is the Nuka Cola truck. The chain of events follow a very simple pattern, when I run into that encounter. Crash, exit to desktop.

Fixt is the only thing I've got running, sooo... thoughts, anyone? Beyond that, I've yet to experience any trouble.
    123.jpg

11. Ozzie

Ozzie First time out of the vault

Mar 6, 2017
    Hello,

It seems I've encountered some difficulty at The Glow. As far as I can tell, while the traps have indeed been re-enabled, the ability to disarm them has not. Additionally, since I was unable to get into the top-right room of level 1 when I first came in (Per's guide states that a ST check is made, but I didn't know that at the time and thought I needed explosives to get in. Knowing what I now do, I would use Buffout), I can't access that room due to the laser tripwires doing ~10 damage with every step I make and not letting me even attempt to open the door. Is anyone planning on adding in the ability to disarm the traps in The Glow? It's not that important to get a bit more loot, but it would be nice.

12. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 -Level 99 in Fallout Fixt-

Oct 28, 2009
    Ozzie the solution to your problem is pretty simple
    You see those laser traps require high amount of power from the facility. The first time you came to glow, power was down to backup power so lasers did not work. After repairing the generator and re-enabling primary power, lasers began to function. so the only option i see for you is to go down the elevator to a different level and approach a computer terminal and turn of primary power/enable backup power. than go back to level 1 of the Glow facility and get those door open. lasers should be down then. If not post a bug report at the bugwiki.

13. Declen

Declen First time out of the vault

Oct 31, 2012
    There is a known issue with assault Paladins in the Military Base. When they spawn outside of any elevator, they block the way out.
    I've made a simple solution to that. I've changed the script so that every time when you try to talk to them, they move.

Attached Files:

14. Kryalis

Kryalis First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2017
    Does this mod bring back Agatha? The storyteller in Shady Sands?

15. burn

Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    It should, but I recal she's still missing due to a bug

16. Kryalis

Kryalis First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2017
    Right. Where abouts in Shady Sands is she supposed to appear? Would just like to know so I can keep an eye out for her.

17. burn

Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    don't remember. Check the readme

18. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 -Level 99 in Fallout Fixt-

Oct 28, 2009
    It's the first house to the left of entrance, the person you are looking for should appear in hermit-like robes her storry telling is not quite done yet as Sduibek stated. She was present after fiddling with global variables in previous releases of FIXT, however now the trick doesn't work anymore.

Don't bother with her she only had like a 1 or 2 caps on her, and (unimplemented) stories she tells only pass time, so it's pointless.

19. Maxell

Maxell First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2014
    Hello friends,

I'm having an issue with getting power armor.
    I want to get all four sets, but I'm starting with the ones from Kyle and Talus for obvious reasons.
    The problem is, after I rescue the initiate from the Hub, they only issue me brotherhood combat armor claiming that I can only get one set even though I never repaired the set on the third level.
    Is this because I had Kyle install the motivator?
    The option for the reward specifically states "power armor" when I select it.
    I've only played Fallout with Fixt installed and I remember getting both sets, but I only installed it through the "purist" option before.
    Is this having an effect?

20. Maxell

Maxell First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2014
    Forget my last question.
    You get the brotherhood armor from the start; I just had to keep asking for more stuff.