Fallout 1 mod Fallout Fixt - 0.81alpha, July 5th 2015

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Maxell

Maxell First time out of the vault

Oct 30, 2014
    Another question,

I just completed a complete play through with Fixt installed and I didn't come across any of the special encounters like the spaceship.
    What happened?

2. burn

burn Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    low luck?

3. Kryalis

Kryalis First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2017
    By any chance does this remove the condition where if you have the bloody mess trait, it'll automatically change the ending to where you kill the overseer?
    Because that always made me hesitate on getting the trait as I don't want that ending, and it's pretty stupid if you ask me.

4. Muttie

Muttie First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2017
    As far as I know that is basically the only thing the trait Bloody Mess does. :)
    I think it even says in Jorner's guide that you get pretty much the same by just cranking up the violence to maximum, except that it feels more rewarding/appropriate rather than just "all the time".

5. mandala

mandala It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2006
    Is it normal that the uzi gun is so expensive?

I picked it up in vault 15, now I am in junktown and when I tried selling it, it was worth 2600bc, that's too much compared with other weapons.

6. Kryalis

Kryalis First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2017
    Just so anyone knows, Agatha did not get enabled in my game even though I made sure to have her enabled when I installed the game. I was able to enable her however by using the F12se save editor, selected my save and went into the GVARs tab, I selected 1:AGATHA_IS_ENABLED and changed the value from 0 to 1, and she was enabled and I was able to find her in Shady Sands.

7. Bob Morane

Bob Morane First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2018
    Not sure if that bug was reported, there's a bug concerning followers control, possibly when there's too many friendly units in a fight.

During the fight with Decker in the HUB (sherif and his deputy, Main char, Ian and the dog), NPC from my side would randomly skip their turn or act on their own (Ian and the dog would skip / act on their own, sherif and deputy would sometimes just skip their turn )

I'm not sure but it's possible they skipped turn as well on Decker's side too.

PC charisma (if it's relevant ) = 7 (no relevant perk / quirk )

Windows 8
    Gog version
    Fixit mod
    Nothing else

8. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 -Level 99 in Fallout Fixt-

Oct 28, 2009
    That's an old sfall version error (You must be using sfall that came with FIXT 0.81a). There's a lot newer sfall for fallout 1 made by Crafty. Link to it is in his description (visible when logged-in) so search for any of his posts and download& install. After that You should be fine. (as I recall latest sfall1 by crafty as of present is v1.8).
    On a side note a lot of vanilla engine bugs were fixed since version that came with FIXT, a lot of new features came too. It is advisable to update to latest version of sfall1.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Bob Morane

Bob Morane First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2018
    @gustarballs1983
    Thanks, i was afraid a different version wouldn't be compatible, i'll update it right away :-)

10. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Hi everyone,
    My sincerest apologies for the silence/absence. I feel very badly about it being 3 years since the last Fixt release. :puppy-dog::hide:

I've had a lot going on but the good news is I can assure you Fallout Fixt has not been abandoned and it's not dead.

I'm currently in the process of figuring out how to incorporate it into my daily life, so that even if it's only 10-15 minutes at a time (or whatever amount) I'll be making progress daily that way.

I truly appreciate everyone's contributions whether it be reporting bugs, requesting features, creating your own fixes/patches, asking how I'm doing, etc. -- you all are fantastic and this community is great.

I'll keep you posted once I have something downloadable/installable/testable.

Much love

P.S. Did we ever find out what's going on with Mash?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 5
  11. FDO

FDO First time out of the vault

Jul 4, 2018
    Good news. For a 'alpha', I always found the fixt pretty stable, but I mostly played with the fix only option. Don't feel bad.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    @Sduibek
    as someone somwhere on this forum pointed out Mash might no longer be amongst the living. The one that posted, mentioned he/she knew his real name and surname (be it Matt Wells or something else) and couldn't contact Mash so he/she did a search on Mash's data in google. Word says that "Mash" had a lethal car accident where he lived. So You're far better off with asking Crafty to reverse engineer HRP and go from there, than counting on Mash. AFAIK Crafty is handy with asembler as far as i know sfall1 was tooled arount with it hence it is backward compatible with win 98/Exagear with a few minor tweaks.

P.S.

Did anybody knew that enabling force 2D GPU render in android's developer options boost fallout's framrate significantly in ExagearRPG? ( If having a good GPU [most devices have crap GPU])

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  13. Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha

Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU MO-RON!

Jul 11, 2018
    Why can't you edit the amount of simultaneous sound effects like you can on Fallout 2 with the unofficial patch? The line isn't in the ddraw.ini for this one.

"[Sound]
    ;Sets the number of allowed simultaneous sound effects
    ;Set to 0 to leave the default unchanged (i.e. 4)
    NumSoundBuffers=16"

EDIT - I've updated sfall to version 1.8 and now the option is there, but I can't set more than 4...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  14. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    @Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha
    AFAIR sfall1 v 1.8 is able to set up to 127 simultaneus sounds effects but the question is how many sound buffers does your soundcardcard have. If I remember correctly only cards with 128 sound buffers were Sensaura/Aureal3D. cards capable of HRTF (head related transfer function) plus a couple of Chineese clones. Theese were the only ones capable of true 3D sound. It was back in the 90's. Creative and dolby make a shoddy job at creating multi dimensional sound so beyond stereo and sound quality creative sucks up to present day. Hence Creative bought out Aureal dumping their inventions in Creative's HQ basement never to see sunlight agin. A deed many gamers see as unforgivable to creative, and many gamers vowed never to purchease any creative-made sh*t ever agin.

Anyways, Fallout 1, as owners of Original Fallout CD may find out via Sound.exe ms-dos app (for detecting the soundcard under dos)that Fallout is a full Stereo game Hence 4 Sound buffers (SoundBlaster 32 PRO compatible) is enaugh For Fallout to bring out it's finest as it goes for sound quality.

15. mandala

mandala It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2006
    I am getting some npcs stuck in the rocky cliffs in some random encounters... anybody else also having this problem?

16. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    Yeah it happens.. although it's not that big of a deal Mainly it's Mysterious stranger that get's stuck on a wall (although he can shoot but can't walk) as for the rest of npc's (Katja,Ian,Tycho,Dogsh*t&MrHandy) they can get stuck on fallen rocks encounter however there's no hostiles there and you can safely walk out of the map wich simply unstucks them if they spawn on any different map.

17. Schezza

Schezza First time out of the vault

Sep 7, 2013
    Welcome back Sduibek!

The King's return has not gone unnoticed :wiggle:

:jiggy:

18. Pwener

Pwener Tunnelers? They Don't Sound That Tough...

Aug 15, 2017
    Okay, I'm bumping this bug I ran across. Maybe now with Sduibek back he can give a guess as to what script is causing it - maybe I can fix it myself.

19. Schezza

Schezza First time out of the vault

Sep 7, 2013
    Say... I'm playing 1.5 Resurrection and it's pretty good so far. (except random long loading times) But one thing bugs me which bugs me like in any other mod:
    so there's these resolutions:
    640x480, 800x600 and 1176x664 (16x9) and some other not important, random proportions resolutions...

So, like so many times before, I've looked it up in excel myself... 800x600 is the "original" "original" where the game looks perfect, but could be a little bit bigger, but not TOO MUCH.

Anyway, excel says:
    960x540
    1024x576
    1088x612
    1152x648
    1216x684

The closest one to 800x600 with 16:9 ratio would be 1088x612.. that would be perfect. So why is this piece of shit unsupported? 1088 / 16 = nice number, 612 / 9 = nice number. and both those numbers are dividable by 4.

So, why the hell isn't that a supported resolution? It shouldn't matter at all. It just scales - it just works - you should be able to enter any number you wish. Just the end product might looked fucked up and if the numbers aren't diviable by 4 (or 8? or 16?), things just aren't sharp. And if it has to be diviable by 8, there's still 1152x648 which is exactly 16:9 and exactly dividable by 8. The supported resolution 1176x664 isn't even exactly 16:9. Even unnoticable, it's still stretched.... So, why? :wall:

20. Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha

Daniel "Dan" Acerbi Rocha I AM NOT A SIR! I WORK FOR A LIVING YOU MO-RON!

Jul 11, 2018
    So I have some questions:

1 - I've noticed that if you leave Vault 13 and then return to it, you can actually access all the other floors and afterwards your code will open the vault door normally. Is this part of your mod? Should this be possible?
    2 - Is this the latest version of sfall? If so does this version fix the bug that causes corpses to block burst bullets?
    3 - Did you alter something about the how the mouse works? It feels kinda sluggish now.
    4 - Is there any way for me to alter how many sounds are played at once so that I can reload my gun and get the combat ending sound simultaneously? Right now the latter always gets cut off.