Fallout 2 mod Fallout of Nevada/Фаллаут Невада

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dionis, Sep 22, 2016.

1. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    This is idealism. Before the internet you played games with the help of gaming magazines and help of local fellow gamers.

2. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Really? This is the first time I heard of it.

I do have an experience of looking up a physical guide, but only because I happened to notice it being sold in a local store. The games that got this treatment from me can be counted by fingers, though.

3. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    We speak the same tongue and (I suspect) grew in the same country, where gaming magazines were THE source of information before internet have become an ordinary thingie. Some of them printed tips and walkthroughs. Imagine a walkthrough of Fallout 2 printed in a magazine, this must have such concise language to define a straight pathway through this game.

I suspect it's a legacy of totalitarian sovok, printing classic literatue for a cheap price per book and wide selection of subscribitional paper - the most reading nation ever.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  4. KL1

KL1 Psyker

Mar 23, 2016
    This is great! Thank you for sharing.

That's exactly what I was looking for. I mean sure the translations are sometimes off and the new weapons/items section is not done, but it's a great help for not getting stuck. I mean for example that missing brahmin quest, if you fail to nothing 1 little tiny thing you miss out of a series of missions that give a lot of experience (not to mention game enjoyment).

5. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    That's nice, the way I see it. Meanwhile, I'd say the primary reason for how gaming as an industry fared in my country is due to our status as a third world country. Gaming might have been big now but it's still mostly digital. Physical form of video games are uncommon nowadays, more often than not relied on online shopping to get a physical copy, but a rarity back then to the point of ALL my childhood gaming experience came from sailing the Seven Seas.

Eh, missing a series of content in RPGs aren't a bad thing in and of itself. If anything, it's part of what makes RPGs the best genre of video games out there. But a lot of people, which I'd assume including you, hates missing a chunk of content, this means RPGs, especially the ones like Fallout 1&2, are a niche of a niche.

6. naossano

naossano So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Oct 19, 2006
    I had a magasine walkthrough for fallout 2 even before i knew it existed.

7. Vegeir

Vegeir First time out of the vault

Jul 2, 2003
    How can I fix the rusty machete that I found in the railway station in New Reno? It lists "puke" as one of the ingredients for the repair, but I have no idea if this is just a bad translation. If it really means puke, I have not seen any. :puke:

Also, I never managed to find that hidden stash some thief was supposed to have dumped near the caravan parking lot in Reno either.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  8. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Puke- Rot Gut (one of those radioactive alcohols)

Have you used the metal detector? It's hidden near the tires.

9. Vegeir

Vegeir First time out of the vault

Jul 2, 2003
    Thank you! Never would have figured out Puke means Rot Gut. Don't think I ever heard that name used for it before. Have to say that I am loving the game so far, despite sketchy translation work and the occasional bugs and crashes. The main plot has been getting rather obscure and difficult to follow, but the side quests have been very enjoyable, and I love how there are multiple solutions to most problems.

10. KL1

KL1 Psyker

Mar 23, 2016
    Couple of quick questions that probably don't affect the main story, just curiosity. Still might be considered SPOILERS though.

1) In New Reno, there's an old man standing outside of Wright's house shouting at one of the guards. Whenever I talk to him, he only responds with angry floating text and doesn't have a dialogue. Will he respond ever or is he interactive only with certain character builds?

2) In Stryker's bunker, where the hell is the keycard!? It says that it's "in the bunker", but I've searched all over and found nothing. I got the piece for the Warehouse in VC, and contacted the Bikers already, so as far as I'm concerned I'm done with the important stuff and it's just for 1 crate box of loot.

3) Finally, New Reno is absolutely huge and there are a lot of top levels in buildings that are not accessible. The stairs have those sign barriers. I got a feeling that those levels are not just there for no purpose other than looks. Is there something to be done to remove those signs?

Thank you all.

11. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 28, 2009
    ad 1. i have no idea.
    ad 2. keycard is in a container next to a computer but to find it you need to sniff with metal detector
    ad 3. walkthhrough i have does not mention anything about unlocking any stairway those baricades are probably to inform player one can't get past them.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    1) He's Salvatore, his family is one of the 4 mobster families in Fallout 2. You can't do anything with him.

2) Use metal detector. If you find the spot with keycard, but can't find it invest some points in outdoorsman.

3) They're for aesthetics. Buildings look better with more floors, but you can't access most of them.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. KL1

KL1 Psyker

Mar 23, 2016