Fallout 2 mod Fallout of Nevada, thoughts, impressions and opinion

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dionis, May 21, 2017.

1. Big McBastard

Big McBastard First time out of the vault

Jun 23, 2017
    Hey Dionis and fellow translators. Thanks again. Take all the time you need.

2. kruk

kruk First time out of the vault

Jul 8, 2017
    I'm in New Reno now, I am really impressed! The gameplay is great, and finally the English translation is available! Thanks!
    This experience is equal to Fallout 2 (in my opinion the best one).
    Great!

btw, right now I am investigating the attack on propaganda team in New Reno, cannot figure out where they were shooting from, any help? I couldn't find the section on the forum where people ask about Nevada quests, so maybe someone could help, thanks!

3. Dionis

Dionis Nuclear Russia Modder

Aug 26, 2016
    Ok now that the 100% version is out I think this thread should move back on top:nod:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Kubrick

Kubrick First time out of the vault

Aug 6, 2017
    So far it is so good I can not possibly believe it. It really feels like an official game. This one should get Mod of the Year award. Thank you all so much!

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. LynkS

LynkS First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2008
    Same for me, gonna wait a bit more. Great work guys!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. valcik

valcik Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 20, 2008
    Finished it couple of days back, my spine still tingle!

Top notch and well polished modification with excellent maps full of details; couple of brand new mechanics added on top of tried-and-true interactivity full of skill/stat checks; well balanced difficulty and economy; interesting quest design ranging from simple to really hard nuts to crack.. I was sucked in and hooked really hard after couple of hours, hats off.

Thanks for translation, my rusty Russian carried me over a handful of untranslated pages and I had enjoyed the mod greatly. 10/10 would play again

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  7. koray

koray First time out of the vault

Jul 30, 2017
    Hello,

Thanks for this great mod and translation.

In my game I am fooling around for exp and money.
    Is there a time limit (As 13 years in Fallout 2) or you can play as much as you want?

Thanks in advance...

8. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    There's time limit set to 13 years by default in FN. And
    you can choose perk Tirelessness at level 18(?) in order to play further after finishing the game.

9. koray

Jul 30, 2017
    Thanks for reply.

Is there any way to disable this limit?

10. valcik

Dec 20, 2008
    Yep, very easily thanks to sfall. Open ddraw.ini file in some text editor and set this parameter:
    Code:
    TimeLimit=-3

11. koray

Jul 30, 2017
    Thanks again.

12. Dr.Fake

Dr.Fake First time out of the vault

Jan 13, 2017
    I just finished the main plot at level 16 a couple of days ago. Overall, my impression is between Fallout 2 and FNV. Quest designs are not built upon combat anymore. It's more balanced than FO2. It's like Pillars of Eternity that it discourage you to grind levels in battle. There are still endless enemies, but the player get less exp from them. In the other hand, you get more exp in solving side quests.

Now I am working on the power armor quest. It doesn't feel right without a power armor in the end, don't you agree?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. xsarq

xsarq First time out of the vault

Apr 28, 2012
    "Sneaky" Aprouch indeed...