Fallout Officially is Bethesda/Dead

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 28, 2017
    I have to admit that the cookbook does look interesting--I suppose the question is whether it actually has anything beyond generic recipes.

2. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Who/what the hell is this Fallout you guys are on about?

3. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    The Saga book is what peaked my interest. Wonder what unseen things are in there?

4. Pwener

Pwener Tunnelers? They Don't Sound That Tough...

Aug 15, 2017

There are things here no Lobotomite was MEANT to see, things that would ASTOUND! And possibly terrify. TERRIFY!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Tim Cain did leave all his notes and stuff. Maybe they trapped parts of his soul in the book to steal the last bits of our dignity.

6. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 26, 2007
    If it has Tim's recipes in it, I hope he can sue them for it; if they didn't pay him.

7. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I can not help but think that someone in Bethesda/Zenimax really wants me emotionally dead.

TorontRayne, that book "The Fallout Saga" may be the best of the bunch but I still have a hunch that it will disappoint and that the writer does not get the Fallout universe at all other than what Bethesda's people tell him what it is about.

What the hell happened to Fallout. It was this RPG that spoke to a niche of gamers and wasn't a triple A project at all.

And now it is being turned into a fucking Disney product.

I am reminded of that quote that AM in "I have no mouth and I must scream" inscribed on its Pillar of Hatred;

"Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to HATE you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer-thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles, it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. HATE."

I think I am getting an inkling of how it felt.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  8. FDO

FDO First time out of the vault

Jul 4, 2018
    Nothing more to say.

9. Gizmojunk

Nov 26, 2007
    Unfortunately that is the life and prerogative of a work-for-hire artist and writer. If the client commissioned it, it's the job to create exactly what they asked for.

With so much information—willingly offered—online, it would be sad indeed if the author was not commissioned, and instead wrote a Bethesdian fairytale Fallout history for lack of knowing any better.

10. Valdetiosi

Valdetiosi Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 14, 2017
    Fallout is not dead. Fallout is coming back to life.
    Even now, can't you hear the breath returning to its lungs? The Black Isle reopening, the Gamestops humming with the thoughts of young minds?

11. AureliusofPhoenix

AureliusofPhoenix Centurion

Jun 25, 2018
    I feel like Fallout is BECOMING the new Star Wars, now that Solo was a fucking disaster (surprise surprise). Fingers crossed we don’t get an abominable Christmas special that later becomes a cult classic.

12. Valdetiosi

Valdetiosi Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 14, 2017
    You mean you wouldn't want Fallout: Christmas edition to come out, something akin of this?

Santa has been captured by reborn Enclave. Save the christmas by decorating Liberty Prime into red and green and go make gifts for all the NPCs in the world.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  13. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    First they would need to make Fallout with NPCs.

14. Cliffy McEdgeface

Cliffy McEdgeface bitch I will cut you

Jun 28, 2018
    pete_hines_and_todd_howard_spitroasting_vaultboy.jpg

also FUCKING NORMIES IN MY FALLOUT FANDOM REEEEEEE GET OUT

15. AureliusofPhoenix

AureliusofPhoenix Centurion

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok yeah maybe I’d hate-play that lmao

16. Gizmojunk

Nov 26, 2007

• [Like] [Like] x 3
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 28, 2017
    ...Picture's broken for me, what is it? Just curious, is all.

18. Blue

Blue First time out of the vault

Feb 25, 2015
    I think it's better that Bethesda isn't touching the original Fallout. What they see Fallout to be, and what it was are very different things. I'm glad that no matter what happens, you can always go back and play through Fallout, Fallout 2, or even stick with New Vegas.

It's a hope that at some point, some big, small, or indie studio creates an experience like Fallout that serves the niche in its own way. Maybe via all the growth and spread in the direction Bethesda took it, eventually the market will try to serve the more interesting niches that inevitably develop from the exposure to the games Bethesda made.

19. nighty

nighty First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2014
    Wasnt this a F4-Quest for the Dude-BroHood of Powerarmor already? Liberty Redecorated or something?

20. TheManFromRedding

TheManFromRedding First time out of the vault

Oct 15, 2015
    Yes, if only someone somewhere were to make an experience like the original Fallout, one day... Hmmm...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/552620/ATOM_RPG_Postapocalyptic_indie_game/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/250520/UnderRail/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/240760/Wasteland_2_Directors_Cut/

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3

https://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

...Damn, I guess there just aren't any other options huh? Man, tough break, innit? I guess Fallout died and took the entire genre down with it, oh woe and suffering...

• [Like] [Like] x 2