Fallout Officially is Bethesda/Dead

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    The Fallout Bible says something like that:
    Another quote from the Fallout Bible:
    There is also this:
    I keep thinking, that I remember something about an Enclave spaceship that was built but was destroyed, or just never used.
    I keep thinking it was mentioned somewhere, but I can't remember where and I can't seem to find much about it in a quick search.

2. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Keep it in mind that them having that idea does not make it good necessarily. Even if they did design the series.

3. Squadcar

Squadcar Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 1, 2018
    It could have gone well but only in the sense that companies like inXile and Obsidian that do a lot of contracts or crowdfunding to get their games out do. It'd be probably better from our perspective but not to the masses. I don't think it would would be dead now but definitely just not as overhyped (by the onslaught of new comers) or shallow. Maybe not what we wanted but certainly not Fallout 3 either.
    I don't think it needed a 3D sequel to be revived. It needed a 3D sequel to become the titan it is now. There's Fallout merch EVERYWHERE. Even Skyrim and Fallout 4 candles.
    Man, that upset me so much. I thought I'd have the choice to join along in the gambling and watching, fight them all, or be kicked out. But nope, they all just turn and shoot at you.
    Fallout 3 was mostly tolerable and an acceptable AAA title in my opinion BUT it had the Fallout name slapped on it so that created certain expectations. At least then, they tried. Fallout 4 was a major let down in every way possible.
    Fallout 4 should have been Fallout 76 because at least we'd know what Bethesda wants to do with the IP. That's fine. I'm not mad about 76. I'm mad about the single player ones that should be these types of RPGs and they aren't. I'm fine with goofy spin offs, I really don't care and I'll take the game at face value for what it is.
    Fallout New Vegas was a goldmine imo. I loved it. Cowboy stuff was a little over the top but given their time restraint and their limited options for game engines and styles, I still think it was stellar game and experience. I wish they had time to do what they originally planned with the Legion though.

EDIT: PC didn't load two of the replies so here I go.

Thank you Risewild for clarification of what was said.
    I'm aware, being Tim Cain doesn't make all your ideas good but I feel like the idea that the vaults were experiments that the Enclave intended to use to recolonize here or elsewhere is a good idea but something that should not have been a focal point. Just a backdrop bit of horror added to the world your character exists in.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I prefer the idea that the Vault experiments were part of the Enclave's feasibility research into a long term space program and colonization of other worlds than what Bethesda did with it such as experiments of creating super soldiers or just basically torturing Vault Dwellers for the sake of it.

For a long time I wanted to create a mod in which the player would actually discover the Enclave's experimental starship, a big massive fusion ramscoop rocket in a geo synchronous orbit around Earth.

Like in the plot of Sky Captain and the Future of Tomorrow allowing this ship to take off would actually have been a bad thing as the fusion drive would do extreme damage to Earth's atmosphere. (basically igniting a small sun in close Earth orbit)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 26, 2007
    2D / 3D was never the issue; I can't recall a single request for a 2D Fallout sequel.

The problem with the terms 2D & 3D, is that an alarming number of people believe that 3D means 'First Person'. :scratch:

6. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    The Enclave should be in Antarctica.

Not a sequel but it is the closest thing we got.

7. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 26, 2007
    That reminds me of something...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. nighty

nighty First time out of the vault

Jul 9, 2014
    Yes, you can count me into this alarming rate as well. What I meant to say is what if F3 would have kept the isometric view style instead of going 3D FPS.Squadcar caught my drift, I guess. :)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    Yeah, I did. When people say 2D or 3D Fallout they usually just mean the viewpoint. A 3D Fallout is fine, a first person one is less preferred though. Isometric/trimetric or whatever it was, is much preferred in my opinion.

10. Unorthodox Outlander

Unorthodox Outlander It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 28, 2017
    I actually rather LIKED the first-person style in New Vegas...

11. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I've been saying for a while now that the best 3D version of Fallout would be something similar to Dragon Age Origins. Camera can be zoomed in to see all the details and for "immersion", but can also be zoomed out for a classic isometric experience.
    Wasteland 2 essentially adopted this, but I always thought DAO did it way better because the world itself looked better.

12. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Vault Dweller

Dec 6, 2016
    same :)

I´m a sucker for FPS and never really like all this "Sony The Game".

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  13. naossano

naossano Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 19, 2006
    I would rephrase the title of the thread.
    Not *Fallout is officially dead* but *Official Fallouts had been dead long ago*

But Fallout is far from dead. There are tons of mods in 2d and 3d already released, and some of the most ambitious were either released a couple years ago or still in development. There will come a a day Fallout will die for sure, but that day hasn't come yet. Plus, even without those new unoficial sequels, the community is still active and remembering the lost battles.

But if you want to talk about those things sold by a big company with a Fallout TM brand on it, they aren't actually Fallout games and most of the people here already know it. You are just hurting yourself with hopes that this company will make a real Fallout game one day. FoNV was an accident from their perspective. They might call their soccer events as chess tournaments, those are still soccer event. Want to play chess, seek elsewhere.

14. Squadcar

Jun 1, 2018
    I don't mind the PS4 exclusives usually. At least they aren't pumped with microtransactions, lootboxes, and DLC/season passes.
    HZD is a game I'm playing right now and it's nothing amazing but it's pretty midrange. They didn't even make DLC for it until after its release and it was a 10 dollar DLC. That's it. Other titles don't even go that far.
    If it takes being a console selling cinematic game to get games that are well polished and never cost more than 60 bucks to get the full content, I'm down with it.
    I like TLOU despite it being overrated. I can't wait for the new Spider-Man since I love Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 on PS2 was one of my favorite console games ever.

15. Fizzycswag

Fizzycswag First time out of the vault

Jul 15, 2018
    Thanks Todd Howard for ruining Fallout!

16. GestapoSantaClaus

GestapoSantaClaus First time out of the vault

Sep 4, 2018
    Thank you Bethesda, for introducing me to Fallout and getting me so fatigued with your BS that I’m playing through the classics and actually really enjoying them. That being said, screw you for your corporate ego BS and for ruining a universe I immediately fell in love with.