Fallout: Project Brazil Renamed Fallout: New California

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Sep 2, 2017.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    RPS alerted us to something slightly interesting yesterday, so I will now share that here for you.

Only time will tell if a fancy new name will bear fruit, but it definitely sounds better.

• [Like] [Like] x 4
  2. Kohno

Kohno A Smooth-Skin

Jul 30, 2009
    That looks neat. Gives a bit more S.T.A.L.K.E.R.ish vibes than Falloutish, but neat anyway.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. Danuis

Danuis Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 6, 2016
    What's going on with their outfits? Mod in a mod?

4. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    I never liked this "Project Brazil" name. Also I loath the anime style hair. Can't watch the video right now, but I guess it is still in?

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    What was the problem with the Project Brazil name?

I mean, at the moment it makes no sense, but when the project started it made sense. :aiee:

6. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    I just thought it sounded stupid. Likely because it makes me think of Brazil, which I do not connect to Fallout at all.

7. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    Nobody really understood why it was called Project Brazil when it had nothing to do with Brazil.

Fallout New California seems more appropriate since it's literally set in New California.

8. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    I always thought is was an allusion to the dulldrums of vault life, or the juxtaposition of a happy upbeat song with the violence of the wasteland etc. I was also thinking they were fans of the Gilliam film of the same name and used the song either to set the tone or just fan wankery.

9. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    That's because people are dumb and never heard of the 80's Dystopian Brazil movie (which is one of the most highly regarded movies ever), which has nothing to do with the country either. This project kinda started based on the movie, but then it evolved into something different.

EDIT:
    People even voted to keep the name back then. So I guess many knew why it was called that.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Proletären

Proletären Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 15, 2012
    I posted that on the forums one day earlier so

11. lolpop109

lolpop109 Vault Dweller
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016
    Dam I am little jealous though maybe one day fallout Atlanta will be that good !

12. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    Finally managed to watch the video and check out the latest screenshots. Looks pretty good, actually. Still not a fan of the anime hair, though. I just don't find it visually pleasing at all.

13. raynor009

raynor009 Hell yeah!

Apr 29, 2012
    I don't get it.. is the game out or is this that demo they released a few years ago?