FO2 Vault Rats MOD Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by justwanalern, May 19, 2017.

1. justwanalern

justwanalern Enjoy simple moments, Turn fear into excitement.

Apr 21, 2016
    This here is when I started the game with Hi-res..

Now here it being disabled ( It's either my laptop sucks pretty badly or this is what it really looks like )

So I mess around with ddraw.ini here is the result..

Now I don't really have a problem playing it as it is.. but if its possible to change the resolution from I think 600x400 to at least 800x600 or higher, I would really very much appreciate any help.. cuz I tried things in ddraw.ini nothing happened maybe I'm missing something or I just don't really know what to do.

2. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    When you open f2-res-Config , you can press the button *Manually Edit Config*. It opens a notepad file.

Then, check those three lines.

EDGE_CLIPPING_ON=0
    IGNORE_MAP_EDGES=1
    IGNORE_PLAYER_SCROLL_LIMITS=1

You can replace some 0 by 1 and some 1 by 0.

I can't recall exactly which settings i used, but i was able to play the mod on high-res mod, without those black borders or without being unable to scroll. Although, the edges of the map weren't much pretty.

3. justwanalern

justwanalern Enjoy simple moments, Turn fear into excitement.

Apr 21, 2016
    well sh*t, I was right I'm just missing something.. and the answer was already there. If it were a snake it could have bitten me to death or at least the poison will. thanks for reminding me something so obvious I was so stupid to realize it.