Gauss Cannon possibility

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Ediros, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Ediros

Ediros A Smooth-Skin

Feb 4, 2016
    So, after reading about Gauss weapons such as gauss rifle and minigun from classic games, I had this idea. Why not introduce a cannon version of it?

It would be the most powerful weapon in game, except debug weapons and would require a lot of work to find, but then? Oh, boy.

And my question is, would it be possible and how good would in be in Fallout universe?

2. Kadscaner

Kadscaner Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Feb 4, 2016
    Mod it in or something. Hell, with the new creation club BS you could make a buck or two.

3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Sure it would be possible. Considering that they have man-portable versions that are immensely powerful it would only make sense that they'd have artillery-scale versions somewhere. I'm surprised the tanks in Fallout 4 don't have any, actually.

4. mkba

mkba First time out of the vault

Jun 10, 2017
    smoething like this ?
    ps: for me the gauss rifle in stalker is more relevant that the one in "modern" fallout games due to the fat that he is an obvious reference to fallout 2

5. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, pretty much.

I actually like the design. Gauss cannons would have been cool, though.
    Or maybe in the world of Fallout gauss weapons are a european/german thing and relatively uncommon in the US, where they prefer plasma weapons.

6. Ediros

Ediros A Smooth-Skin

Feb 4, 2016
    What about all the Gauss Pistols and Gauss Rifles in Fallout 2? I mean, we had them in previous games so... That said, it would have to be a prototype or some secret millitary project. I mean, not even the Enclave had something like this and I would rather not mess up the lore. Maybe some hidden facility in the divide or something? Would be nice.

7. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    The gauss weapons in Fallout 2 were stated to be of german design, so maybe only a few came to the US before the War, and no larger scale guns.
    The MEC minigun in Tactics was chinese, but the canonicity of that game is debatable.