General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut Background Radiant

Dec 30, 2010
    Holywood: We Americanized Ghost in the Shell because westerners don't find stories about non americans appealing.

April: Persona 5, japanese game set in Japan about Japanese culture tops sale charts in the west.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    But that's Hollywood, the most liberal, progressive and open-minded place in the world and the greatest front of cultural appropriation.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    There were a number of games on sale on GOG including Alan Wake which will soon be removed because the licensing rights on music in the game is about to expire.

Well I gave it a try. Visually it looks very nice but I can not really get into the story which is the game's main selling point (I don't know how often the game is interrupted for a cutscene) and I find the gameplay rather boring so I had it removed again.

I hope Crysis which I also bought will turn out to be better.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Just finished Life Is Strange, gotta say, the plot twist caught me by surprise. In general the game surprised me with excellent writing and some good surprises and har choices. Definitely liked it.
    @TDG: Crysis is good. It certainly doesn't interrupt you too often, and the gameplay is very fluid and feels good. I'm currently playing Crysis 2, which does interrupt you more often, at least in the beginning. Crysis 2 does run a lot better (the graphics are detailed as ever, but the surroundings are less demanding, I guess) and the slightly streamlined controls make the gameplay even more fluid (the contextual use of power jumps and supersprints and the somewhat quicker access to the only remaining dedicated armour modes, maximum armour and cloak really make navigating the levels and combat feel extremely intuitive). The game gives you much more help and handholding, though. The levels are way more streamlined and linear, the visor gives you lots of tactical options, the armour allows for much longer cloak mode and you are generally a bit more durable. That doesn't mean much, though, especially not on higher difficulties. There are still about 20 billion enemies around, and they're smart. You'll get fucked in no time if you think you can pull a Doomguy and just waltz through the levels thinking that your armour of awesome will help you.
    Game's good, though. Level design could have been more open, but all in all it's very satisfying.

5. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    Apart from replaying New Vegas to write this journal-style fanfic, I've finally gotten around to playing Assassin's Creed IV and it's surprisingly good. Once I unlocked the Jackdaw, the game really opened up. Naval warfare is amazing.

Oh, and the regular gameplay is good too, I guess.

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Thinking about buying Alan Wake now that they are just scrapping to sell as many copies as possible before they legally can't. Is it any good?

7. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Combat is repetitive but i liked the game!

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Hollywood: Westerners don't like non-western centric things.

April: Top 2 selling games the whole Month Mario Kart 8 and Persona 5, Japanese games :smugoticon:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I have just bought Starcrawlers though I have not played it yet.
    It is one of those dungeon roamer rpgs such as Eye of the Beholder or the more recent Legend of Grimrock but with a science fiction twist.
    Perhaps not a title that will put anything new on the map, but if it does well what it sets out to do I am not complaining.

Games don't always have to be innovative, have various gimmicks, or be something else that is relevant of this time. They just need to be good and entertaining first and foremost.