General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Arnust

Arnust Maybe you've seen it, maybe, in a dream...

Feb 2, 2016
    It's as simple as a filter. You and your intended summoner put the same password, say, "boner", and you'll filter through any matchmaking to only reach your pal. It's good because it supposedly scales down/up if there's a huge SL difference. It's bad because it's waaaay too bare and gamey, encourages unavoidable gangrape to invaders, and makes it a tad too simple IMO. Besides, it was from Bloodborne anyway.

2. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

So that basically means I have to know the summoner in order to summon him. Which kinda sucks, none of my buddies play Souls.

Speaking of Bloodborne, which I haven't played, I think I can see its influence a lot in DS3, much more than DS2 influence for instance. Also DeS maybe? Haven't played that one either, but from some videos I've seen.
    The atmosphere so far seems much darker and leaning to horror far more than previous Souls games, which were dark, but in a depressive, even post-apocalyptic kind of way. This one...dunno, it gives me a weird vibe, from Gothic horror to Berserk's bleaker portions.
    I'm probably reading too much into it tho, I've barely started the game.

3. Arnust

Feb 2, 2016

4. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

I've sent an invite, but I will probably be playing only tonight and tomorrow during the day. After that I'm taking a break from video games because of exams and shit.
    Once that shit is over, however, I'll be playing this baby a lot.

5. I eat supermutants

I eat supermutants The cook-cum-captain

Nov 30, 2013
    Well I just finished the Shadowgate remake from a couple years ago. Pretty good. Had to use a pen and a notebook to take notes so that was kind of cool and a nice throwback to ye olde times. So that put me into a mood to play point and click adventure games. I am not going to play for the first time I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream. I have the short story and quite like it so I am looking forward to experience. I have only ever seen the intro to the game so it's a total blind play through.

6. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    So how's the Mario Rabbids game? Looks like a ton of fun.

7. Arnust

Feb 2, 2016
    It's good. It's got a lot of heart and the focus in mobility keeps the otherwise kinda lame (IMO) XCOM-y gameplay fresh. Upgrading your party feels satisfactory, and even more so because of the upgrade points being assigned to each unit separately even if they haven't been used so that you can change them in a pinch.

Now the Rabbids aren't the hugest issue. It seems that across the game you can relegate them more and more, due to replacing your party with Mario characters, having their role become just filling the enemy ranks, whose designs also get more interesting as well.

If there was to be one, I guess it'd be the dialogue...? But seriously, who gives two shits about the dialogue in a crossover game "for kids". It even has some other good lines.
    Based on where I am and how the hub looks like, it might be kind of short? Seems to be well enough, though.

EDIT: Any game that gives Peach a blunderbuss is contestant of GOTC