Hell is not frozen yet! (Diablo 3)

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Makenshi, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Makenshi

Makenshi Ahoy, ye salty dogs!

Jul 28, 2006
  2. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    I got an instant hard-on. Looks like my prayers and sacrifices made of cats to Satan are beginning to pay off. I hope it won't turn out to be something completely different (Diablo MMO :€).

FUCK YES.

3. PlanHex

PlanHex Useless layabout oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 4, 2007
    Or, y'know, something to do with Wrath of The Lich King.
    Seems a bit more likely, with all that ice and stuff.

4. Madbringer

Madbringer What is it that crawls behind the glass? Orderite

Apr 9, 2004
    Silence those heathen thoughts!

Well, it would make sense to push some life back into the Diablo franchise, there haven't been anything big going on there for some time. As for WotLC wouldn't make sense to start doing mysterious splashes and whatnot when everyone knows it's coming, and it's not close to it's release date (which hasn't been even announced yet). :-E

Of course, cannot count that out. :,( But i really hope it's D3. It's time Blizz showed once again to all the hack'n'slash wannabes how it's done (i'm looking at you, dungeon siege). 8-)

5. MrBumble

MrBumble Vault Fossil

Jan 17, 2006
    I couldn't give a fuck less. Diablo is a cool coop experience but that's about it in my opinion.

6. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    I couldn't be more excited. I've played the first two to death. BUT how is it not WOTLK? I mean, look at this: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/
    There is plenty of satanic stuff on that dude as well. If it is Diablo 3 though, all i have to say is FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    If it's cool, why would you not give a damn?

Also, Diablo 3 rumours have been swirling so much the excitement of the actual announcement is kind of dampened. It's being made, it's going to be announced soon. No matter how much Wrath gets in the way of that.

Kind of yawn then, the actual announcement.

8. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    i kinda prefer D1 to D2 tbh. more items and more different environments, does not a better game make. etc etc.

9. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    The Diablo3.com site being down kind of makes me think that they're coming out with the next Diablo.

As for the game - I learned my lesson from Diablo 2. I won't be wasting that much of my life again to just be out-gunned by a bunch of fucking hackers.

10. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
    Agrees. Much better quests and much greater replay value too. I hope it's closer to the first one.

Diablo3.com used to be a fan site until recently. Now it belongs to Blizzard. Diablo 3 is definitely coming but this might not be it. I hope I'm wrong.

11. Kyuu

Kyuu Insert Awesome Title Here

Jul 19, 2007
    My guess, due to the evidence already pointed out by the sites linked by the OP as well as the obvious reference to hell freezing over with the ice, is that Diablo 3 will indeed be announced.

If it's an announcement for something WoW-related I'm going to have to cancel my Starcraft 2 pre-order. (Yeah I know, I won't really.)

12. Eyenixon

Eyenixon Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 11, 2008
    I have mentioned on multiple forums if Diablo 3 turns out to be an MMO I would be killing everyone on earth.

Every single human being.

13. Makagulfazel

Makagulfazel Adept Bungler of Things Orderite

Jun 14, 2007
    Well, you better brace yourself for a homicidal rampage.

Diablo 2 = Battle.net + no subscription = cash loss

WoW = 10 million players + $10-$15 subscription = cash cow

WoD (Diablo 3) = Next game

Well see, though. They are, afterall, making Starcraft 2. Not WoS.

14. Eyenixon

Apr 11, 2008
    No, I don't think they'll be that shit headed.
    It's just the possibility that bothers me.

Although I'm pretty sure they won't.

If they do...

15. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
    Very Diablo looking eyes appeared today! They even match perfectly to the eyes on the diablo 2 cover, according to gamespot.

16. Eyenixon

Apr 11, 2008
    According to WOW - according to some dude on the internet with Photoshop.

I think everybody is certain that it's Diablo 3, or some form of Diablo, we're just waiting for what exactly that form is. I hope it's not an MMORPG. Have I stressed this enough? No.

17. maximaz

Apr 2, 2006
    I have not seen anyone who wants it to be a MMORPG yet. They wouldn't dare... would they?

18. Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jul 9, 2004
    It is probably (if it all) in the early stages of development, and won't be ready for a long time. I suspect that it will indeed be an MMO to usurp WoW after they finish with WOTLK content.

19. Dracon M'Alkir

Dracon M'Alkir Vault Senior Citizen

Jul 19, 2004
    Here's a hint:

Giveaway: The symbol between the eyes, it's part of the helm.

20. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    YES YES YES YES YES!!! Contrary to what one might be thinking, I don't shower with Herbal Essences; however, I do beleive I require a shower as I've soiled myself in more ways than one.

I can not wait to hear what is announced in the next 15 hours!