Improved Scripting Tools (SSL+ and Script Editor)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by phobos2077, Feb 7, 2015.

1. trollworkout

trollworkout It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 1, 2015
    Odd

the scripting language looks very similar with Fallout 3 / NV
    I'm wondering if Pascal has some kind of special significance to Fallout world keeps popping up all over the place. I wonder how Fallout 4 scripting language looks like

2. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    Another suggestion about the dialog window: Would be cool to be able to increase the font size. If I move the window to my second monitor, it becomes harder to read the text (is a bit further away from me).

/Edit: Oh, and I downloaded the latest version from the download section. When opening files, I am getting this now: https://pastebin.com/GvdKJBES
    Dialog window doesn't open anymore, and I think scripts aren't compiling either.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    Specify exactly in which dialog box do you go to increase the fonts? in Messsage Editor, or Test Dialog window?

Code:
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs.
       bei ScriptEditor.TextEditorUI.MessageFile.ParseMessages(TabInfo ti, String[] linesMsg)
    Please send me your msg-file which you open. I want to look at his structure. :)

4. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    The error happens with any msg file. No matter which script / file I open. Example: https://pastebin.com/HcMAhyT1

About increasing font size: I mean the message editor. Couldn't use the Test Dialog window yet, because it doesn't work (probably because of the error above).

5. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    hmm, this is something strange.
    If you open any msg file in Message Editor separately (w/o script), the error also occurs?

6. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    No, this works. The error only pops up if I open a script. Settings didn't changed much either since last time:

7. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    Try my last corrected exe file (for last version).
    What versions of MS Net.Framefork do you have installed on the system?
    Disable setting options "Auto open message files"

Attached Files:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Lexx

Apr 24, 2005
    It works again with this exe file, even if I don't disable "Auto open message files".

Another suggestion: Can you make lines marked as comments (with "#" or "//" etc) display in a different color? I feel like this could be useful in bigger files.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    Ja. I like it :)