Introduce yourself! AKA the "Say hello" thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Brother None, Sep 4, 2003.

1. RizlaPlus

RizlaPlus First time out of the vault

Mar 4, 2017
    Oh my god !!!! You guys ! NMA ! You still exist !!!! My name is Rizzy, 31 year, When I was teenager I was member of TBC the black company (Fallout tactics clan), called Rizlaplus. Great times, I used to be more on forums like Neverwinternights forum, or clan forum etc.....it were good times. I kind of trying to remember what clan was our eneme....oh of course ! The Khans :D I forgot what the leaders name was though..... Moonbiter was the nickname of the leader for our clan. Great ! I dont think I will pop into people here but who knows : D Great to be back here, I did come here to back in the days. Just not as much. I would rant about the legend of the famous cocktail stick (my own silly fan fic for Fallout). Love Fallout..! Still need to play Fallout 4, loved New Vegas (never finished because of bugs) and currently installing Wasteland ! (never played)

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. MutantScalper

MutantScalper Dark side in da houssah

Nov 22, 2009
    Rizla, eh? Are you a smoking guy? Welcome back.

3. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    This must be some kind of cosmic coincidence because I just dug up a lot of old info on Moonbiter and the like. THE ORDER was involved briefly with that crowd. We are at the bottom of the forum if you remember us. Welcome back to the land of the living.

4. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    @MutantScalper, lol I had the name because Rizla was a sponsour of a yearly celebriation here, but I used to be a smoking lady yes :P (lol). @TorontRayne, I definitely remember the order ! What did you find about Moonbiter? maybe I should type the address in the wayback machine but I forgot the web address of our site at the time.

So you knew Moonbiter ? And uhm...Storm...bringer? Captain Stormbringer....Stormshadow (Was Greg from the US I believe) , leviathan (still have some contact with him sporadically, even met him in the UK), wildcard ? any names ring a bell? Blast from the past : D Awesome

Thanks for the welcome

What games come closest to Fallout nowadays? Wasteland 2? Just started playing it and it took me hours to finish the first quest...forever to find a fricking valve ! Need to pay attention to details in this game. Love it so far though, tough to survive so far but I am waiting for some kind of hub (ahh the hub) to visit to make money and buy fricking bullets.

New Vegas had the mutant in it, I got that far ....what was his name..not Harold the Ghoul...the friendly mutant from part...2? Not sure.......but I need to replay it , it kept crashing on me. I kept starting the game over.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  5. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005

I didn't know Moonbiter but one or two of the Orderites might. We have history with the group though, so we have records. ;)

UnderRail is a good alternative. Marcus was in New Vegas. You definitely need to play it again...maybe with a few mods for stability.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010223164954/http://blackcompany.vault13.net/

https://web.archive.org/web/20010610144947/http://www.tbcvault.com/

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    lol yes! so awesome this, thank you!!!! I remember the game was not even released yet and we were already full of imagination. This what made a certain vibe in the clan I believe. It is great to read it out like that. I hope to bump into another TBC member or the Khans leader.

At the time, he was always messing on our forums which made the unity and the game came to life a bit in the forum. It was fun. I dont know how well the TBC did once tactics was released I ended up playing once with them together because I did not had the game available to me yet. lol : ) I do have it now on my shelf, looking at it. Tribute to Fallout always.

Visiting the site wow , memory lane I am smiling ear to ear.

I will play vegas again and never heard of UnderRail, will look it up. I am a die hard RPG fan, on my to do list is the Witcher which will connect to Cybreria steam punk game, which gives me falloutish excitement feelings! (dont know nothing about it yet)

https://web.archive.org/web/20010427032217/http://www.blackcompany.vault13.net/profiles/rizla.htm

Hahahahah oh my god, I never name myself Rizla anymore but for the sake of good times I decide to call myself RizlaPlus here.......

Tried to recover my fan fiction, but that page died.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010409075457/http://www.vault13.net/board/showthread.php?threadid=5244

Oh my god ! Omg..omg..lol !!! This is awesome ! Thanks again !

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. valcik

valcik Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 20, 2008
    Wild oldtimer appeared, what is this sorcery.. I'll shamelessly shill for Fallout 1.5 Resurrection @RizlaPlus
    Do yourself a service, play fully fledged Fallout 2 total conversion modification instead of Fallout 4! :salute:

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  8. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    Hello valcik, I am sorry, you will shill for Fallout 1.5 ? What is shill......Google: an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others.

Fallout 1.5 ? Googling..Fallout 1.5. Google:

Fallout 1.5: Resurrection is a mod for Fallout 2. Developed by four fans of the game from the Czech Republic, a version was released there on 3 October 2013. Working on the mod during their free time, the development took approximately 10 years. The mod offers a completely new story and locations. It is estimated that finishing the game takes 25 hours.

Oh I need to play that!

I would go for a Fallout 2.5 with Diablo graphics. I miss the top down view ! I was very disappointed with Fallout 3. Had no connection to 1 or 2. It was just the concept of a new RPG in a post apocalyptic setting. New Vegas fixed that a bit, but never got to finish.

When I first heard Bethesda is making the game, I was a bit concerned. No disrespect to Skyrim and Morrowind, but there is something static about the way they create their world. So New Vegas was made by Obsidian if I am not mistaken, with more of a Bioware/Fallout point of view of things. Like Star Wars Kotor 2 they made and Neverwinter nights 2.

I wonder if kickstart would help fund a Fallout game...old school style in a new fresh bit modernized interface/graphics.....how many people would fund it.....the thing is Bethesda has the rights...so Wasteland 2 comes closest to a new Fallout game? (Wasteland is the base for Fallout 1 is it not?)

I will play Fallout 4 one day but I already know it wont be the same. I do like the building in the game of Fallout 4, but I have hardly read reviews. To afraid for spoilers :)

Does anyone like Shenmue 3? I cant believe there is a Shenmue 3 coming (love kickstarter!), that is just as magical to me.

9. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    I like shenmue (another fan!).

I've been waiting for Shenmue 3 since I was 7.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    Right ! @Millim I played it for a short while at a friend who had a Dreamcast...then years later I was excited again when Shenmue 2 was released on the first Xbox. So I got to play it myself...open ending, magical atmosphere.... and now it is coming back! Loved the exploration and the mini games, the kung fu fighting game inside it...RPG-ish adventure. Have seen no game like it.

I do not own a next-gen console or pc yet, but as soon as that one is released I will get it if I dont already have it.

I heard the original voice of Ryu is coming back : D Thats a nice plus. But it wont change it for me. I want it either way. I bet we are going to be so disappointed with our hearts full of hope :P lol *pessimism*

11. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    Ah yes.
    All I know is my name is going to be in the credits (my older brother donated a bit of money to the kick starter).

I find it funny how I told him it'll will most likely be on PS4 over XOne, needless to say he didn't believe me.

Still, I've only finished the 2nd due to me not owning a dreamcast myself (my brother still has one through).

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    Yes I saw that on the site, you could get a hard copy plus name on the site or credits. Or if you donate a crazy amount you could go out to dinner with the developer aaaand get Ryu his jacket : D If I had enough spare change I would do that.

Your brother did not believe? Because Shenmue 2 was only released on Xbox later on? (That is why I only got to play part 2 as well).

Awesome to know your name is in the credits, this is going to be a long credit roll isnt it : - D Really cannot wait. What did you love about the game the most?

13. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    I guess due to how unique it was.
    This was before the days where GTA was in 3D and the closest thing I played to Shenmue at the time was Final Fantasy VIII.

It kind of blew my mind that I could just do the smallest of things (like look around a room, get a job etc).

I take it for granted now, but Shenmue was way ahead of its time.
    I also liked the story and music and the thought this is one big adventure.

I got the chance to play Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast (in Europe, it was released on DC as well) so I got the joy of both translations.

I really want a HD release of both games, I know most companies overuse them, but a HD release of Shenmue 1&2 is pretty much needed at this point.

14. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    Great description, that is exactly what it is for me with Shenmue. I like how you could do things like get a job, or play mini games. I hope for more interactivity, I have not even watched much about the upcoming game. I cant handle it. I will burst.

I to want a HD release of both games. I also kind of forget part of the story. I remember that you could watch Shenmue 1 on a provided extra DVD that shows the in game events of the story a bit.

15. eissa

eissa Gall óGlaigh Lady of War

Jan 7, 2016
    Great another female oldtimer coming to nma :D

16. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    I remember seeing the announcement live (I knew it was coming up anyway).

I was very happy to see it.
    I hope it does succeed and doesn't end up being crap.

At this point, I just want closure.

17. RizlaPlus

Mar 4, 2017
    Is it true !??!?! Another one of my kind in here ? :jiggy: Greetings fellow female-human!!!!

How did u know it was coming up Millim? Anyway, we need closure. We will get that guaranteed!

18. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    There was a few hints on Twitter.
    Also, I knew Sony where in talks with Yu about shenmue a couple years beforehand.

19. thinkpad

thinkpad First time out of the vault

Jul 2, 2004
    I made this account in 04, but forgot the login until today, so YAY and Hello

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 3
  20. Millim

Oct 13, 2010
    Wow, well props to 13 years of trying and stuff