Laptop died (Mega pissed) Need help deciding advice , Kinda stressed

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by lolpop109, Apr 18, 2018.

1. lolpop109

lolpop109 Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016
    So yeah my laptop literally when all to shit. Last few weeks it been goning down hill with a few problems but now I'm at the situation where it wont even boot. It comes up with boot certifacte fail and wont even load. The only last thing I can thing to doing is open the old girl up reset the board. But like I literally not good with computer hardware at all. I've lost all my data but that not too bad. Fallout atlanta is mostly back up. So I should be able to pick it upp again. Only thing is downloading everything etc.

So why a laptop not PC. I'm not good with PC hardware and to be honest I dont wish to learn. The thought of building A PC is more stress than it seems to be worth to me atleast at the moment. Bare in aswell I dont really wanna play morden games. I mianly play older games so only really need to run New vegas. That would be sweet. So yeah thats all I need. The thing that confusing me is grahpics cards dont really know what i need. Would a standard laptop (With decent stats) be able to run a gam elike NV. Dont need it ultra or anything just need high.

I'm in the UK there no reall good option atleast what i've seen so far :

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...V8BXTCh1T1wrdEAYYASABEgKuu_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Am I wrong in thinking this would be pretty decent maybe even run some morden games on meduim. It be a big step up from what I had. Looks pretty sexy too. I mean this is a quite decent bit of money.

Bare in mind I also perfer a laptop because of its portablility plus I dont want a desk in my room. Also it does't need to have long battery life thats cooll. Max really is like 650 thought. I mean I'm just not sure I cna get anymore money than that together.

Just any thoughts on the situation would be appreciated. I

2. lolpop109

lolpop109 Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Jul 14, 2016