Last Hope mod v1.078

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

What do you like about this mod?

1. Quests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Locations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both quests and locations

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. I'm new to RPG concept, i have no idea what i'm doing but i like it!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

May 24, 2006
    Last Hope mod v1.078

One script at a time, a few years of silence... and there comes a small update for LH mod. Few noticeable changes were made since 1.06: 1.elevators function a bit different now (no more button panel FRM), instead a dialog window will pop up and ask for destination :scratch:
    2.scripting work, polishing, yeah... we all love it :mrgreen:
    3.dialogs, put a word or two... here and there, again... just polishing
    4.maps are optimized for "hi-res" (higher than 640x480, tested on 800x600 and now optimized for 1280x720 as well

Update: 1.077 is available in download section, old save game files (older than 1.076), could cause a problem if you try it with newer version installed 1.07X.
    Mod install guide: (updated with v1.077)
    Please follow these steps for installation of this mod ONLY. Which means this mod should NOT be used with any other
    item, location, weapons mod. Any mod mixing could lead to unexpected errors (do not even try to replace sfall and *.exe
    files from other mods, if you aren't 100% sure of what you're doing)
    1.Fresh install of Fallout2 US version is recommended, i did not test this mod with any other non English version.
    2.Installation of High-Res mod is recommended, it has been tested and works well with sfall files inside LH mod archive
    3.Get official Fallout2 1.02d patch, extract Fallout2.exe only (do NOT extract patch000.dat) into your game install folder
    as it can override mod files
    4.Run High-Res patch, wait for "patch successfully applied"(or similar) confirmation, only if you used non-patched .exe
    5.Extract files from this mod's archive to your game install dir. If you are a new player, you DO NOT have to install any older version for this to work..
    6.Inside DATA folder set PROTO and everything inside to "read only"
    7.Start game (having trouble? no need to panic, please check mod installation from step one or see section 4 inside LHinfo file - known problems)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Now, i'm sure somebody read the post above. If you don't know what i'm talking about let me say first that this mod exist and it's located in download section. Of couse it's a demo 'cause we didn't made the "full" version. We started working on it however. I've heard that some problems occured after the mod installation when the first map is loaded then gray screen appears and interface bar is all black. This could happen because of the two reasons:
    1. Read the readme file :!:
    2. Make backup of fallout.cfg, .exe, Data folder and then replace them with those extracted. Fallout.cfg is VERY important because it tells .exe file where is data folder. Tip: the best backup is just to rename the files (if you don't know) :wink: .
    The mod works on my comp. with winXP cpu p4 , if anyone had any problem it's best to write it down here (post replay) if you wish. :)

3. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
  4. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    It has been some time since i last wrote something here. The big mod is doing fine for now. It will be worth as i can say. With its background story and lots of quests it's nothing like the demo which was more used for testing and stuff. Soon, there will be a site available for this mod. Some new art is added(like details, buttons, scenery...). When it'll be completed, it's hard to say but probably within this year because i have some great plans for it and i'm not going to waste them.
    I've done at least ten maps which have no relations with FO2 towns. So this is like extension for FO2, not addon. More is yet to come.

5. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    Expect more responses when you have something to show. Give a nod to someone from the newsstaff when the site is up, if it has screenshots or anything to show it'll go up on the newsforum, which'll generate interest.

6. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Vey nice! it's an impressive mod considering you did it on your own. For those that missed the news:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1240

Version 1.0 is out. There are a couple of bugs I found:

In the prison, the gaurd that opens the gate for you to leave, some times does not do it i.e. he goes through the motions and nothing happens.

In the miners town, in the building you get to via the sewers (after clearing the door), the staircase does not work.

7. Cubik2k

Cubik2k Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
    Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    I am just surprised that the mod is finished!
    I just downloaded it and I looked at files inside *.dat file and there are a huge ammount of files scripts, maps, dialogues!!!

I started to play, the first map is nice, climate I like it.
    I will see what will be later ;)

Well, unfortunatelly I found few bugs in first map
    - second closed gate has the same "science" desription as first.
    - during talking/combat with Guardian thre are some bugs I can't describe them, do not undesrtand dsecond time dialogue (he gives me something, then he wants to take it again from me, lol, I can not describe it clearly because my language is not good).
    - after combat, when the gate is opened, tehre is a bug, that the combat is initialized then disabled. Fortunatelly guardian is not attacking me. I can walk to exit.

However, very very good work, and nice suprise Forgotten Knight :D

8. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    Wow, a while ago. I surly will take a look.

9. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    First of all thanks for giving this mod a chance. It was a real challenge to get this done, considering all the stuff i've put in this mod. Ok, down to business:
    timed_event_p_proc in Guard's script gets stuck sometimes if critters current animation is busy, i can add animation check

Ok, i'll correct this. Map errors... i don't like 'em at all. :mrgreen:

Edit:

Tested ingame, works on my pc

First time you fight unarmed, second time he gives you a knife and takes it back when the combat is over. I'll check it again.

10. Micronus

Micronus First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2007
    Hello
    Mod is pretty cool, but... it has some bugs.
    @Farmers Community there is problem with quest about gecko pelts. Gecko hunter from bar doesn't want to talk with you.
    Cubik2k made patch fixing this problem.

- That's true.

And what about quest with hunting mantis @ Miners Town?
    I don't know where to find their nest. In the eastern part of town there is some cave, blocked by stones. I blow them up with explosives, and it works, but... If you go there, you jump into "sewer" under jail with radscorpions...

Generally I like Last Hope, think it has great potencial. It's return to old school role playing I would say. So please, continue Your work, testing and fixing bugs. Thanks and respect for Your effort. Regards from Poland.

11. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    The staircase doesn't lead anywhere, it's meant to be that way. I've used it as a scenery, nothing more, sorry :mrgreen:

Fixed map exit grids. Added into v1.01

Fixed in v1.01

12. Micronus

Apr 22, 2007
    Huh, so I have an idea 8-) Maybe you should do a magic trick;) When player is pointing staircase with cursor, then on the left "window" information that stairs are crushed/broken should appear. It will solve this misunderstanding.

Micronus the Bughunter.
    P.S. I'm gonna reporting bugs according to game progress.

Edit: And what about Lost City, @ this location there is no way to get in. Is it bug or maybe there is way to get in, but I'm stupid;)?

13. Cubik2k

Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    Will be v1.01 compatible with old saves?

I'd like to report that the doors in noth/east sides are not visible and this is hard to find them during th game.

EDIT 24.01.2009
    Possible bugs:

- Miners Town - I entered to Cave for killing mantis, killed all of them on all levels and go to sheriff, asking him and there is not an option about mantis quest. In the PipBoy there is still unfinished quest.
    - Miners Town - Talking to Colin, probably second time, there is an option that I click onit but nothing happen
    Here is a screenshot from it:

14. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    I just put some barrels to block the staircase, simple and effective.
    This way the player wouldn't spend too much time thinking about the staircase.

Well, you can get in but you'll have to find another way.

I've tested new map changes with the old saves and they seem to work, so far.
    Edit:
    It will work if you have not visited Miners town.

Yep, this is a small error in dialogue script.

Script error, fixed.

Town label art, two years old :rip: , map.msg line few months old.

15. Cubik2k

Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    Rather not. I tested Miners Town with Mantis Quest (never entered to Caves before) with old savegames, and this is not working. I started NEW game and can enter to Caves with mantis, but report some possible bug.
    See my edited post before yours. I edited it and report some possible bugs.

EDIT
    The name of Farmers Community on worldmap is another then the name of blue button on the right list on worldmap (Farmers Town).

16. Micronus

Apr 22, 2007
    I have a sugestion: please, make something with random encounters. Because of them, game is too easy. Hubologists are killing raiders/robbers etc., and you have plenty of good stuff to gather. Obviously, you can ignore it, but you know, it's my preciouss syndrome;)

And please, maybe try to play LH one more time and do some betatesting. You've done great job (you're a hero and you must leave:D), but you know, it's annoying when some scipts don't work properly, and you must play from the beginning when you fix bugs in another version of mod...

On the other hand we are in fact betatesters and it's surely easier for you to fix bugs, when they are targeted. Hmm, if I have more free time...

17. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Some encounters are easy, while others are harder... as you move south east across the worldmap, encounters get harder. You can even encounter fire geckos or mutated mole rats, those are tough! :) If more people suggest i should make harder encounters, i might do that :mrgreen:

Don't worry, if you find any map errors, post them as soon as possible, exit that town/map and save your game.

18. JaW

JaW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 1, 2006
    Forgotten Knight,
    your total conversion mod is incredible. I can't believe that you made it yourself only. I counted up about 74 quests in your dat file! Well done! :clap:

19. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Thanks! You know, i did it only because i spent a lot of time on this. And yet i had to remove some unfinished quests because it could have taken me another month or so to finish it. I couldn't wait that long and decided to save some precious time and said "Enough is enough!" :) . I hope you'll enjoy it... 'till the first crash to desktop :mrgreen:
    Latest mod version is in my signature link. Always check it first for new updates.

20. Cubik2k

Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    I want to report the bug with Mantis Quest in Miners Town.
    The Quest could not be finished. I know why.

There are mantises in both levels of caves. I looked at the map prva4b.map in mapper. Not all mantis critters have attached script 3proba60. The script should works for 29 killed critters. But not all critters has that script. Here is a bug! Second matter is, that sheriff MaKarty has not a dialogue lines for finished mantis quest. Maybe I am wrong but it seems that the quest is unfinished.
    Greetings!