Last Hope mod v1.078

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

1. lubo

lubo First time out of the vault

May 6, 2014
    There is a manhole in the right bottom corner of the map (I also have not noticed it for the first time). Use it and you can go to Lost City.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Orzie

Orzie Fallout Global Mods Freak

Jun 20, 2013
    Hehe. It seems that it's not the first manhole I have missed by the first time. It's even more easy to miss it while entering the location at night.

3. Ormans

Ormans First time out of the vault

Sep 27, 2013
    I could try to make a let's play with Fraps...it would probably take something like 10 months because of:

1)Real life
    2)For a game such as Fallout 2 (and mods related to that) in order to do it in the best way, it takes something like...10 different characters = 9 wrong characters who are probably gonna die :(

4. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

May 24, 2006
    Good find:mrgreen:

I totally understand that. Better check every map corner from now on.:wiggle: Just kidding.:spamfromabove:

It's up to you. Most of people here do stuff because they love it and every minute invested in something you like to do... is a good investment.:drummer:...or, at least, it will make you feel better. Time passes, no matter what we do... Having a choice is what matters:lalala::bow:

5. Orzie

Jun 20, 2013
    I am generally amazed with a lot of new locations and quests the mod provides, but I have met some annoying bugs and would like to post them (if they have not been already discussed above).

- When I enter Philton the first time and slay Matthew without taking any quest first, a new quest appears, named 'Solve Matthew's "situation"'. When I go to Mayor Donson, there is an option with solving that 'situation', and when I push it, there are two identical answers to what he says, meaning the denial of the quest completion. When I push the upper one then, the quest is considered as completed and I get $7000 + sniper rifle.

- When I complete Mayor's first quest in Philton and try to talk again with his secretary, he has a strange dialog option obviously related to another quest, but I didn't have that quest. He gives me the Philton Holodisk and speaks about someone named Leonard, but I have no idea what he is talking about.

- When I scroll far north on the Forest location in Philton (the one with a tent), the game freezes for some seconds, with the scrolling arrow not becoming red-crossed. After that, nothing happens.

- When I take the quest from Red (to find his bartender), and take another quest from Eric (to collect a debt from Red) without completing the first one, I cannot collect the debt as there is only one dialog option concerning the girl. (Actually I don't know where to find this girl and no clue how to complete that quest).

- When I enter Canville, I meet horrible crashes every once in a while, mostly they come from my mouse scrolling, but also there are some happening after I try to talk with some NPCs. More specifically, a Local near the mine entrance. It's practically impossible to play.

6. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Alright, i'll look into it. About the Canville situation, i spent hours trying to find what's causing this... of little avail. Couldn't find any script related error, map editor and it's debug output didn't provide any clues. I played the whole mod with .exe Version 1.02d + high-res patch + sfall, had no errors while in Canville, i even posted some screenshots earlier. It's a mystery to solve... :ugly: Philton forest, it's a tricky one, tried everything but doing that map all over again:silenced: I'll be back with more answers :postviper:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. lubo

May 6, 2014
    Hi,

I had the same issue with killing Matthew first and freezing in Philton forest. But I had no single crash in Canville. I am playing with exe 1.02d, high-res patch and Last Hope mod 1.074 (I realized that ddraw files from this version do work better for me compared to those from version 1.075).

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Orzie

Jun 20, 2013
    I dunno, probably something with the installation went wrong. However, all other locations are working just fine. I will try to play further in those conditions, I hope there are not many quests in Canville to solve.

I am playing the 1.075 version, the latest one.

Actually, any clues how to find that Red's girl? He says she lives somewhere to the north, but I was only able to find 2 empty houses, one near the Water Station, one near the Council, nothing more.

9. lubo

May 6, 2014
    It is a tricky quest. You have to go to one of these empty houses (I do not remember exactly which one it is) and search a shelf by a wall. There is a note with a message from that girl. You should bring it back to Red.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Update is available, complete list of changes in 1.076:

- MRC location didin't appear on the world map, corrected. Also works for earlier saved games.
    - Player can now deliver a power plant part to Lenny, without having to inform Leonard
    - Player will also remember seeing suspicious clothes used in robbery of Jack's place.
    - Murphy won't discuss about trade agreement with Farmers if the mine hasn't been "cleaned".
    - Possible bug exploit in "Pass the trials in the catacombs of death" quest, fixed
    - Killing Matthew unexpectedly lead to quest error, corrected
    - Player can ask Red about money he owes to Eric, with "Find Jackie" quest still active
    - Philton forest map lagging, corrected (map change)

I'm still doing some quests tweaking as i see fit. Nothing serious though. This could take a while:mrgreen: Btw, link is available in my signature.:whistle:

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  11. ?ukasz Cudzik

?ukasz Cudzik First time out of the vault

Dec 27, 2014
    Hi, I've stuck in Wasteland Forest - Correction Camp. I left prison at the beginning, walking through world map for some time and doing some task, the prison patrol came and take me back to prison. They put me in the cell, where I escape and kill everyone prison guards. I want to left the prison through the laser gate, but nothing happens. I have the paper with some numbers on it and clicking on computer near gate and nothing. I've Last Hope 1.076, hi-res patch, sfall 3.1a. Please help. Thanks.

So searching some site dedicated F3 I found save game editor. With this tool I create some explosives, place them to "laser gate" and that's it. It works.

But I have other issues. I'm in state when I have some not finished quest and I want to get further in the main story, but no clue what do next (discover some places, but I want to explore more - they don't show on map naturally - I read it somewhere). Anyone help?

Changing the subject: Can I get to towns from standard F2 (without mods)? You know: Gecko, NYC, and others?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  12. 0ax0ax

0ax0ax First time out of the vault

Oct 24, 2009
    Hi, is there any source that I could download this mod from? I cannot find any. Thanks!

13. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    • [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. 0ax0ax

0ax0ax First time out of the vault

Oct 24, 2009
  15. voodzia

voodzia First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2005
    I just installed this mod and it seems to run fine, with one exception. I cannot get 16-bit graphics to work. I'm running 'mode=4' in sfall, but everytime I change graphics mode, it just gets back to 8-bit. Could somebody tell me please, what might be an issue here?

16. Drobovik

Drobovik Vault Archivarius Modder

Jun 20, 2011
    @voodzia
    It's because when using sfall with Hires patch together, sfall defaults to 8bit.
    Solution: In ddraw.ini set the graphics mode to 0 instead of 4 and in f2_res.ini set color bits to 16bit along with the resolution you want.
    It even says in there;)
    Or just turn off sfall in the menu within a game and set to 16bit

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. voodzia

Jun 27, 2005
    Thank you for your quick reply and the explanations. I actually installed latest sfall and hi-res patch, and now I have 32-bit graphics while running mode 4. And it works, even though it shouldn't according to that comment from f2_res.ini file. But I'm not gonna complain about it:)

18. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Since you guys rediscovered my long lost mod:mrgreen: i've uploaded the latest version to "more suitable" place, download section. Thanks for keeping the "Hope" alive :vatted:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  19. voodzia

Jun 27, 2005
    I'm having problems finding that book for Billy in Miner's Town? Any hints maybe?

20. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    It should be easy. But just in case...
    Look down bellow, in the mine.

• [Like] [Like] x 1