Last Hope mod v1.078

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

1. voodzia

voodzia First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2005
    Thanks for the hint. I found it at last. It's been way too long since I played Fallout games, and forgot how to search for things.

But I got another problem. The quest for restoring trading between Miners and Farmers seems to be bugged for me. As I talk to the owner of the mine, I got only one dialog option:
    "Have you told Farmers my terms?"

And that doesn't make sense at all, as I have no idea what his terms are?

2. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

May 24, 2006
    I may have to dig deeper for clues. PM me your (compressed) save game slot, and i'll just wipe the dust off my Fo2... and start working again. At least you can do other quests until we find what went wrong. It may take some time before i actually look into it, so busy.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. voodzia

Jun 27, 2005
    PM sent.

Another question. Quest from Derek - get some equipment for him. The shop owner, Quincy mentioned The Bulls and their stash. But I'm not sure where to find them? Are they in that big building just east of Derek's? And that stash - is that the room behind locked door (next to room with some merchant that won't trade with me, as she says her stock is empty)?

And one more thing. There is a little inaccuracy in quest for getting plow for one farmer. He mentions a shovel in the dialog, but PIPBoy says he needs a plow. But I'm guessing that it should be a shovel in the end - am I right?

EDIT:
    Derek's quest and The Bulls solved:) I really do suck in playing this game.

EDIT2:
    There is a small problem with second quest from Derek. I managed to convince The Bull's leader to return the grenades (he gave me the key to storage room), but when speaking to Derek, I can only say that I stole those grenades from them. That's not a correct answer I guess. Here's my save file:

https://www.mediafire.com/?hah7a76p0py4e43

EDIT3:
    Where can I find metal armor?

EDIT4:
    Where can I get that uranium ore for power generator?

Also a bug report - no EXP for delivering the letter from one guy at GV to Miners Town.

Two exactly the same dialog options when talking about the Basil's debt:

EDIT5:
    I managed to find that metal armor but only because I found Philton by chance. This town seems to be a key location since only there I could find info about Canville (where I bought metal armor). But now I need a second one (for myself), and I cannot buy it anymore.

Also - I don't have dialog option for getting uranium ore. What do I need to do to trigger this?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    I included your edited questions, to keep the record of possible gameplay issues.

I'd trust the old guy, pipboy can play mind games with you when running on low power.

This is one of two possible options. "Steal" may not be the best choice of words but it's actually the correct answer (i'll probably polish this a bit). The other option is a little bit messy and triggers a negative reaction.

Further you go south or east, better chance of finding the good stuff. If i go to investigate by myself, i'll have to spend more hours looking for answers. Out of reach atm.

Leonard from Duntown can make it happen. But to get to him, you'll have to do some work for the mayor of Philton.

You don't have to, at first... I mean, you can stand back, grab some popcorn and watch them slowly dropping like flies. Or grab some stims and go yolo. Either way you'll get a farewell party on your way back.

Welp, blame Garol and his wife. I'll deal with those two...

I'll take care of this.
    The second option is a slightly altered version of the first but you'll get the same answer.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. voodzia

Jun 27, 2005
    Many thanks for your detailed explanations. Any luck with that bugged quest (restore trading between Farmers and Miners) maybe?

Also if I may suggest something - I think you should tweak economy in your mod a bit. For example - that metal armor was really cheap. Cars too.

Anyways, I'll try to figure out that uranium ore quest, and find second piece of metal armor.

EDIT:
    I forgot to ask about Philton - is there a quest that puts its location on the worldmap or you need to discover it by yourself?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  6. FreedomStalker

FreedomStalker It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 22, 2016
    In the beginning, after the guy in robes gives me a knife to fight him, the game always crashes. Is there a fix for this? And is this mod dead?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  7. Fat Luke

Fat Luke First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2016
    Encountered this problem in past. Just don't use this knife and will be ok, fight unarmed, this robe guy is not tough.
    Nah, this mod is not dead. Is finished and playable.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. FreedomStalker

Apr 22, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention whenever my character pulls out the knife against the guy in robes, he becomes invisible right before it crashes. Did you also encounter this problem in the past?

9. Fat Luke

Fat Luke First time out of the vault

Jul 23, 2016
    Problem with invisible character is connected to lack of some animations. You can download missed tribal animations from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y9ln2p3ecpn1og/Extra+Default+Male+Tribal+animations_by+Pixote.rar
    Unpack archive and drop folder "critters" into your Last Hope data folder.

edit. Tested this solution now and it fixed also this mentioned knife crash in starter dungeon. Sorry that I not posted to you this solution in my first answer, but somehow I missed connection between lack of animations and crashes.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. FreedomStalker

Apr 22, 2016
    Thank you for this. I appreciate it. :)

11. justwanalern

justwanalern Enjoy simple moments, Turn fear into excitement.

Apr 21, 2016
    is there no other way to finish the quest about " Gang Base " is the end for it really to vilified them???

12. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    What "gang" we're talking about, their location is relevant.

13. justwanalern

Apr 21, 2016
    oh sorry let me elaborate.. but I think.. no it's ok.. alright here it is. See remember about the task given by the sheriff about "saving private Ryan" no I'm kidding hahaha, It's about saving his men and annihilating the raiders/thieves given that you brought a proof the dog tag of one of the perpetrators, so here's the thing after killing all of them when I checked my status on locations it says Gang Base: Vilified??? What did I just do.. Was I wrong, Did I made a terrible mistake then I thought maybe there is another way. So that being said I tried doing it a couple more times with changing some of the stats of my character but in the end with the same results. I just want a confirmation that the ending for it is really vilifying them and no other way around.

14. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    This location
    used by a group of bandits called "Dogs" as their base. Basically, the right way is to help Miner's sheriff and eliminate all gang members, which will subsequently lead you to another related "mission". You have to deal with them swiftly and decisively.
    Negative rep only affects your interaction with locals,
    who are gangsters, meaning, shoot first-ask question later
    :mrgreen:
    I guarantee, the wasteland will be a safer place...

15. justwanalern

Apr 21, 2016
    haha Murphy's stupid he wants me to make some kind of deal or contract with farmer's town caravan with what imagination or a made up story, He only said "Have you told Farmers my terms?" I am bewildered by his insight that I may know what his talking about... but jokes aside what is the status on this matter? will the fixed update or patch be compatible with my current save or do I need to start from the beginning??

16. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    This bug may be caused by a "newer" update because i couldn't get the same results during my last playthrouigh-testing, "long ago". Several things could went wrong, i haven't checked everything but it could be fixed without affecting a save file. I'll keep you posted.

17. justwanalern

Apr 21, 2016
    Thanks. And will be on the lookout for things to come.

18. justwanalern

Apr 21, 2016
    I have a problem and it's big. Everyone knows about Golden Valley right.. when I get there I go to the first building and talk the the bald guy after that the game just crash or stop. anyone gets the same problem??? if so is there any fix to this.

19. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    There are some random crashes, game engine related. NPC's script looks fine, i did some testing. Usual advice is to check mod files, if they are properly installed. Try saving to a new slot then reloading.

20. justwanalern

Apr 21, 2016
    Alright if it works you won't read anything from me... but if not se hehlo to yer leetel frend.