Last Hope mod v1.078

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

May 24, 2006
    First map really looked like some things were missing, doors of course, that had to be changed. I'll surely do some map rework, yes sir.

2. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    Decided to make a re-run with the latest Version and encountered a "small" bug:
    After entering Miners Town, clearing the sewer area (the rats seem to have wrong scripts assigned to them, they "appear" as dead in combatview) and plundering the encased building (the bag in the big blood puddle is still not gettable btw, because the blood is in a layer over the lootbag), I am suddenly an enemy of the town. Had to use F2SE and set the GVAR back to 0. My guess is it has to do with some of the enemies below (the rats maybe)? Oh, and I am using the GoG version if that matters.

3. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Hello,
    I checked scripts of rats in the mine, (mod version from the link in my signature) none of them should change any town reputation Gvar nor should they appear dead in combat while attacking you. Encased building mantis have generic scripts attached to them, couldn't find anything wrong there. Which Gvar did you change? I can look for what triggers that specific Gvar, provided that you play as a good character. About that loot bag, i'm not sure where is it... can you post a screenshot?

4. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    Yea, playing peacefully; had to change #583 GVAR_ENEMY_MINERS_TOWN
    Entered the Town, talked with the guy who lost his book, entered the sewers and done some vermicite.
    Only other thing besides that in the underground was the dynamite for the rocks of course. Oh, and not getting the quest's beforehand.

Lootbag Screenshot

5. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    In Miners town, you get into trouble is someone dies unexpectedly from friendly fire accidents or being attacked by roaming mantis. Most will blame you if something bad happens in town, make sure everyone stays alive. Glitched money bag happens, sometimes you have to be a pixel hunter so there's chance you can get the loot. Btw, full screen at 1280x720 should work.

6. Sagez

Sagez First time out of the vault

Oct 29, 2013
    Hi Forgottem Knight,

Just started playing your mod, but I can't figure out the correct combination of switches in the execution chamber. Can you please tell me which I should pull?
    Spent roughly 30 mins trying...

7. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ GloboTech

Jan 31, 2017
    0-0-1-0

8. Sagez

Oct 29, 2013
    Thanks!
    Mod seems very nice, I'll definitely try to complete it. I just have one minor complain - why do I carry empty bottles if I apparently can't fill them with water (using wells or cisterns?), what's the point of them?
    I killed all mantises in combat, but is there a non-combat solution to ''get rid of the mantises'' quest? Mod seems combat-heavy.
    @Forgotten Knight - So, if I need to get rid of thirst I must buy those expensive water flasks and that's the only way? It doesn't make much sense when there are plenty of wells.

Are gameplay reasons behind this? Water from well could be radioactive and dangerous while water from flasks could be pure and safe.
    Edit - and why beer or nuka cola doesn't affect the ''thirst'' status? They would finally have a purpose.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  9. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    You can choose what you want with those bottles, sell them or collect as many as you can, not just for fun, there's a reason behind everything. Just keep them somewhere you can remember, because you'll need them. Don't worry, these post apocalyptic NPCs are really nice people, they'll kill you if you lie but they won't touch your stuff.

Combat oriented mod issues, less combat = less RPG, that's what i had in mind while making this mod. But, post apocalyptic adventure can still happen if you role-play. Mantis are impossible to negotiate with, plus they don't take prisoners. Take it from "real" life, what's the best way to deal with any oversized-irradiated-mutated bug? Find the most efficient way to kill it, because "The only good bug is a dead bug".

Edited question is still beta, beer and "nuka" makes me thirsty as hell but we can make it work later on, as long as it's "lore" friendly.

10. Sagez

Oct 29, 2013
    Thanks for your response! Makes sense now, but I still think that ''using'' wells could be a nice feature (risking getting radiated or poisoned!).

Another minor complain - when I checked the prison power generator with Science skill I got a message telling me how can I destroy it. The problem is I can't throw stone at it because it's too close to the fence and I keep hitting the fence instead of generator. Sounds terribly stupid I know, but the fence blocks the generator... maybe that depends on resolution...

I had a funny little idea - since there is a gym in prison, maybe athletic (minimum strenght 8?) characters could get a bonus XP for using punching bags or doing bench press? A nice way to impress other inmates...''Do u even lift?''

Good point with mantises, you can't negotiate with them... but what about sneaking in and collapsing the cave with explosives from within? More ways of solving problems=more RPG.

I must praise you because I really like the sense of mystery in the story. World map is damn big and it is beautiful! Good job! Are you working on some other Fallout mod maybe?
    I'm not sure If I'll be able to complete your mod because my game crashes when I try to access some maps (This is probably my fault because I'm on Windows 10 and to even run Fallout 2 I must use Win7 compatibility mode :'( ).

11. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ GloboTech

Jan 31, 2017
    Hello - win10 Should not be a problem. Give me save's where crash the game. & try to run my installer.

12. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    Message suggests that it could be damaged, throwing a rock at it won't do it. Most electronics in the original game can be damaged by placing an explosive charge near it.
    Using gym equipment for increasing your unarmed skill could be a good idea, since you can use some punching bags in fo2.

Someone already thought about that but it was too dangerous to send anyone. They tried if blowing up cave entrance could trap the mantis menace inside the cave, but it was only a short term solution. Next logical thing is to deal with them directly, once and for all. Will they succeed... only time will tell.

Thank you, be sure to rate my mod or write a review in download section, just play with it some more to get a complete picture, you won't be disappointed. There's a decent amount of other content i made but sadly haven't got the time to finish it. Check my signature for info.

You can upload your save game slot (game installation folder ...data\SAVEGAME\SLOT*) so when i have some spare time i can see what's going on with those game crashes you mentioned.

13. Parto

Parto First time out of the vault

Jun 20, 2016
    playing 1.078 and there are some bugs :

1. Miners town, after killing rats, the Murphy repeat his text everytime you talk to him, I mean free cash and XP is good but its bug...
    also the guy selling quests in this town has something wrong in dialogue path: 3-1-1- ? end conversation suddenly

saved game is here:
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/692287/SLOT02.7z

2. Philton - game crash everytime I enter the map exit near Matthew ... no talking in the first map, just enter first time Philton and go west ...

3. Philton - docks - crash upon entering map

the same saved game for 2. and 3. :
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/692288/SLOT05.7z

4. Canville - blackscreen when entering map

saved here:
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/692289/SLOT07.7z

5. Golden valley - entering cave map to the north, game crash ...

P.S. playing res.800X600 Ddraw7 16 bit

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  14. Forgotten Knight

Modder

May 24, 2006
    What i managed to check so far, i'm in the middle of some mod related changes, Mike does get confused thanks to my "ingenious" scripting work -.- He'll be back on track, shortly i hope. I will try to address other issues "asap".

Edit, possible solution for 4:
    -delete file "00000284.pro" in your "...\data\proto\items" folder and try loading before you entered Canville

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017