Last Hope mod V1.081

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Forgotten Knight, Oct 9, 2006.

What do you like about this mod?

1. Quests

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Locations

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Both quests and locations

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  4. I'm new to RPG concept, i have no idea what i'm doing but i like it!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. graemelinton

graemelinton First time out of the vault

Nov 3, 2017
    I am stuck at old hotel, i do not know how to release the slaves/ citizens, ive checked everyone (deadbodies) on the map site, ive killed everyone. i don't remember if i talked to the gangsters before killing them or if i just started shooting (possible bug?) (found minx btw!) but now i don't know how to open the cages up! :(

edit: apparently you must kill the leader minx after the dialogue with the one talking gangster, then kill all the remaining gangsters, then you can just open them as per a normal door

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  2. graemelinton

Nov 3, 2017
    upload_2017-11-5_14-29-24.png

i get this error when entering the "residential" area in farmers town, any idea what this means? how to fix? V 1.078

3. graemelinton

Nov 3, 2017
    i now get the error that looks like this when entering the residential area of farmers community (I specifically got this one after being in it (its allowedme to go in it but i got this after) both when i tried talking to the barkeep, and when i attempted to enter the right green area changer.
    upload_2017-11-5_20-19-35.png

4. graemelinton

Nov 3, 2017
    another error i got this after attempting to go through a door in the mountain at golden valley (to their mine??) either way i get this error. i'm going to save my save games when i get the errors, if you are interested in them i'll upload them at sometime

Attached Files:

5. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    @Forgotten Knight: Um, somehow you seem to have put something in the mod that softlocks the resolution; grabbed the 1.079 Version, updated my old one and ONLY 1280x720 WITH HI-RES works at all, everything else resulting in the known memory instruction crash, wether if it's changed from the ini's directly or ingame.

6. Forgotten Knight

Forgotten Knight Time traveler stuck in time... Modder

May 24, 2006
    No worries, i just did some testing with ddraw.ini which i edited for this mod and found something interesting:

MainMenuOffsetX=-50
    MainMenuOffsetY=150

Just copy-paste these default values:

;MainMenuOffsetX=0
    ;MainMenuOffsetY=0

Something always finds a way to screw up your day:falloutonline:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Vetojot

Vetojot First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2018
    Hello, i have some issues with Fallout 2 Last Hope Mode, i'm stuck at minors town and i don't how to progress game, i did all quest found in town, cleared mine , killed mantis, killed gang members and riders in hotel what to do next?

8. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    Hello and welcome. You can upload your save game slot folder (usually located in: C:\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2\SAVEGAME\) as compressed archive, from there i should be able to check what's going on and provide more info after a couple of days, if you're not in a hurry. If you already have some experience with modding you can use "Falout 2 save game editor" to make area next to Miners town, called "Farmers Community", visible on the main "World" map. If not, let me do some magic and i'll be back in a jiffy.

In any case, have fun.

Edit:

For people who have trouble with Small Village map crashing during enter/exit, i've added a small fix which worked for me, just extract those in data\scripts folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  9. Vetojot

Vetojot First time out of the vault

Apr 9, 2018
    Thank you for reply,
    Issue with Farmers town is already resolved, next thing i found is a dog in Minors town when you first entry town dog is alive when you try to change location on the map dog dies and all Minors town citizens become unfriendly xD next one is quest for restoring trading between Miners and Farmers seems to be bugged for me. As I talk to the owner of the mine, I got only one dialog option:
    "Have you told Farmers my terms?"already mentioned before, by voodzia
    Also once i had issue with this guy who wants a book in Minors town i know that the book is in the channels where the rats is but i could not find it.
    right now im stuck with Small Villlage i can get in but when i try to leave the village i got error with fallout2hr.exe
    ( last save file in attachments )

Attached Files:

10. liberty90

liberty90 First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2018
    I usually like very hard games, but I must admit that I have no idea how to get out of these tests in prison at the very start. I feel rather stupid now xd

I mean, how it's possible to open these last doors (to the room with the stairway). There are many weird switches that seems to, well, not do anything at all.

edit:
    Okay! I finally managed to solve that stuff... xD Sorry for this post, it's certainly possible to understand that without any help xD But it was seriously challenging ^ ^

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  11. Cubik2k

Cubik2k Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
    Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    Hello, I started play this game today after 10 years of break :)
    It looks the game is most improved and there are fixed most old bugs, thanks Forgotten Knight for your unstable work :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Cubik2k

Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    I don't understand, why sherif's guards attack me, Murphy is going out, other NPC's too (combat mode is going to enable automatically when I go near NPC's, Murphy and other important NPCs).
    I warn't enemy to anyone, all dialogs was normal. I killed all mantises in caves, killed rats in caves before take this quest. Maybe it is wrong way? But this is bugged and it is not possible to finish this Miners Town quests.

EDIT:
    ========================

Yet another thing: you should improve scroll blockers on maps.
    It is very annoying, when you scroll map, and suddenly it "jams".

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  13. _Pyran_

_Pyran_ First time out of the vault

Jan 31, 2017
    Hello.
    Request/Council:
    Wasteland forest:
    - it may be wise to rename the location to the prison block?
    catacomb level:
    - add a few sticks, spears or knives. Non-combat character is difficult to pass this place.
    - Add a locker with an antidote.
    - add a transition field to the first room.

Hotel:
    - the hotel does not have a second floor, but the stairs go up. Please replace the stairs down. Makes more sense.
    - To correct the descent into the well. Very often you appear outside the map.

Philton:
    - mixed up the scripts proba27 and proba23
    script screwdrivers: fix pid bottles - 547, and is 581. (3proba93.int)
    - On completion of the quest, lost all the items of this type - example: you need 1 screwdriver, but in inventory there are 3 pieces, at the end of the task, they will all disappear.

I propose a patch for mod:
    Patch for Last Hope 1.079.1:
    ----------------------------

I'm betraying a small patch that contains:
    - Movies for intro & pipboy.
    - Subtitle for movies.
    - sFall by Crafty & Timeslip (3.8.9 / 4.0.4 / 1.8.24).
    - Random loot addon
    - New Filter inventory by Mr.Stalin (1.4.1)
    - trible fix by .Pixote (67 frm for smg, knife, hammer. Male/Female)
    - new splash & biography
    - scripts 3proba93 (fixed screwdrivers pid)

install:
    --------
    Copy the contents of the "1_Patch" folder to the mod folder.
    Optionally add a filter, alternative sfall and random loot.
    Patch for LH 1.079

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. liberty90

Jun 16, 2018
    There are still some bugs that can be polished, but I want to say that this is the best mod for Fallout 2 so far, IMHO. Truly great stuff, post-apocalyptic atmosphere and fascinating quality of quests & story. I registered here specifically because of this mod and this thread, sic.

15. Forgotten Knight

May 24, 2006
    Busy weekend huh. Most of old map scroll blockers should be ignored with hi-res patch, i had no trouble when i switched from 640x480 to 1280x720, just added new hi-res map edges, no scroll jamming whatsoever. While reediting old maps sounds like a challenge, i will most likely work a bit on it. Once again, the wasteland demands more sacrifice... With these suggestions and fixes there's some potentially good material for a new update.
    Thanks for the feedback guys, keep 'em coming...

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  16. liberty90

Jun 16, 2018
    I have a few tips for new players in regards to the game start & prison, do not read if you want to figure that & how to survive without help:
    (read only if you die first eeew 10 times and if you are seriously frustrated xD )
    (serious spoilers)

1. Agility 10 is OP; you can attack one time and then be at distance high enough to avoid your slower enemy. Well "heroic" agility is heroic and uncommon in the wastes I suppose :)
    2. Before you remove one the rock from that room with automatic door, place radskorpion tail in it's place. Otherwise you will be trapped.
    3. After these tests, two switches in the center - around the last door - should be used to open that door

17. Cubik2k

Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    I started to edit maps (Miners Town, Gang Camp) to reedit scroll blockers on my own. I use another resolution (GraphicsWidth=1024, GraphicsHeight=768) because it is more comfortable for me.
    I found another bug in Miners Town, when I try to enter to basement via manhole begind the building in Residental then game freezes/crashes.
    scr00000.jpg

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    Miners town:
    I didn't notice such a bug, but I play with my sfall settings, according to some remarks, the better will use sFall 3.8.9, not 4.0.x.
    But there is no logic at the top we go from West to East, and underground on the contrary.

- Miners town: I also think that the store needs to add a guard.
    - In many locations: alone and same npc type (weak guard with 43 hp).

- fermers town maps error in vers 1.078 - need fixes (Crafty did a special edit for that in sfall), but at 1.079 everything seems to be working fine.
    - also in Farmers town, on the Eastern location is always a day.

I did maps mod to 1.078, especially miners / fermers towns & catacombs. Might come in handy.
    maps mod, dont use with 1.079, only 1.078 or dev.

19. Cubik2k

Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    I use newest and patched 1.079 version of game with sfall 4.0.1
    I try use 3.8.9

20. _Pyran_

Jan 31, 2017
    New vers of sfall by Timeslip 4.0.4 & 3.8.9 (both versions from 11.05.2018), but I think 4.0.1 is not until the end configured. Compare settings from patch.