Life is Strange and Life is Strange: Before the Storm

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by CT Phipps, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    C'mon, it was good. Sadly, it ended on a cliffhanger...

2. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    What was good about it?

3. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Crni was too busy whining about the new Terminator models. Is that it?

Life is Strange amirite?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Half-way Through My Half-life

Sep 17, 2016
    But yes, I would have made Episode 5 completely different:

I would have had the episode about being forced to choose between who would live and who would die by rescuing people during the Storm. If you befriended Victoria, Warren, David, and other characters with previous decisions (or the girl you saved) then they are able to help you rescue more townsfolk.

I also would have made Nathan's dad a villain. Maybe with time powers of his own.

None of this Donnie Darko B.S but allowing Max to actually be a superhero.

5. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    I was convinced Nathan's dad was behind some occult shit and that her powers and the storm were the result of whatever he was doing.

The real killer was fucking lame as fuck.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016

Here's some of the problems they ran into while publishing this game.

7. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I don't know, a lot of that sounds like bullshit. They embelish Remember me as this amazing game that got looked over "cuz we were so woke" when the game in general has very mediocre review scores aall around and the visuals were muddy on pc.

I mean it's a video on Matpat's channel.... The only thing cringier than the teen speak in the game.

8. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Well, the game hadn't been made yet.

Remember Me was a mediocre game but that was only something to judge AFTER it had been created and was revealed to be a above-average-but-nothing-special Arkham Asylum clone.

I think I gave it a 6 out of 10.

9. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Watching the befor the storm trailer I remember that Chloe's attitude with her step dad really pisses me off. I don't think I can even give that needless prrequel a chance, it's unfiltered Chloe, I would just puke bile.

10. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    I actually get the impression Chloe isn't as bad as she eventually becomes in terms of being a female walking Linkin Park song. I think a large part of that comes from Rachel's disappearance. Symbolized by the blue hair and boyish cut or not, I get the impression she's a troublemaker but not lashing out at everything and everyone just yet.

Indeed, due to Rachel's presence, I suspect this will be the "good" days.

Then again, I'll be playing this in part because of Max in Episode III. I really want to continue playing with these characters and am sad we won't in Season 2.

11. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Well it seems Before the Storm confirms that Chloe has always been a piece of shit and she only became friends with Rachel because both were just as awful.

12. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016