Looking for a cheap "ish" used phone for my friend! durability + battery time + good/decent camera.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Makta, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Seeing how my friend has been using a non smartphone for ages i gave him my previous one for cheap 2 years ago. Sadly that beast had 2 major problems. 1 being too big and 2 being a really shitty battery time.
    Now i'm currently using an samsung xcover 3 myself and he seems to be really interessted as it has like 3x the battery time and being able to take a beating and/or water! Sadly the camera is pretty useless.

Any other phones you guys could think of that isn't super expensive? Going to look for a used one and the xcover can go for 75-100 euro or so used.

2. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    Dude, there's <100$ smartphones everywhere.

3. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Need a durable one with good battery time and a decent camera. Pretty much a work smartphone i guess?

4. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    You're asking for the impossible, want good hardware? It costs ya.

Why a good camera? Just get a dedicated camera if you need photos.
    https://www.catphones.com/cat/smartphones/

5. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    My current phone was cheap when i got it but it does lack a camera. He wants to use a simmilar one but preferably with a better camera as this one had a worse one than my old phone from 2011 had.

6. Big No

Big No Watch as I open and close this door

Oct 28, 2014
    Not a Blackberry Curve.

7. Proletären

Proletären Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 15, 2012
  8. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Blackview BV4000, maybe, if you're not afraid of suspicious China-ware.
    3680 mAh battery, seems pretty rugged (IP68), somewhat decent camera, and the price for a new one is less than 100€ depending on where you are.
    https://blackview.co.za/product/blackview-bv4000-rugged/
    Or the BV 6000 or BV8000 Pro, which appear to be just as rugged, but have even more battery power and are overall better (but also more expensive).
    A few colleagues have had good experiences with the new China-stuff like Huawei. Never heard of Blackview, though.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  9. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Decided to go with the xcover 4. Seems to be great for the price compare to my shitty version of the 3d one.