Megamod 2.3 technical issues and suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MIB88, Dec 6, 2007.

1. kyron

kyron First time out of the vault

Jun 19, 2009
    Worked for me. But, it would be better to rename "hammer" to "sledgehammer", it confused me a lot and i was looking for new item, another hammer. And the sledgehammer was really hard to find.

2. Talos

Talos First time out of the vault

Jun 21, 2009
    Having problems, keeps crashing everytime I enter the Temple of Trials.

I got the latest patch for this game, read the readme instructions, but the game keeps crashing. Also running XP SP3, and can't change the compatability mode, as it detects this on startup. Please help!

3. MIB88

MIB88 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    If the game crashes when you enter the Temple, then I'm betting you didn't have the proto files set to read only. Reinstall it. Set the proto files to read only. And don't just assume that because you extracted the files as read only from an .rar archive that they are really read only. Set it yourself manually.

4. Hemophiliac

Hemophiliac First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2008
    Anybody?

5. MIB88

MIB88 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder

Feb 22, 2005
    I have no idea. But, something very important is missing here: Does this happen every time? Random stalls and crashes are known to occur with the game.

6. Hemophiliac

Hemophiliac First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2008
    Yeah, it does. I had meant to include that bit of information in my post.

7. Mauzen

Mauzen First time out of the vault

May 17, 2008
    Late post :P
    But I had the same problem and maybe the same solution helps. You have to delete or rename the patch000.dat, as said in the readme- I forget it too, but after that it worked correctly and still does ;)

8. Cubik2k

Cubik2k Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?
    Modder

Nov 22, 2005
    Mega Mod v2.35 is downloadable from FMC.

9. MiJi

MiJi First time out of the vault

Jul 31, 2009
    Hello, I get almost same error "The instruction at fffffffff referenced memory at fffffffffff. The memory could not be read from." every time I try to exit from Arroyo to world map. Any solutions?

10. JaW

JaW Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 1, 2006
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51278

11. papageorge3

papageorge3 First time out of the vault

Jan 3, 2010
    Hello Everyone! Plz, I need Help! When i'm installed Megamod 2.35 and started to play, I have had bags. It looks like Slide Show - very slow changing of Fraps. What can do for moving back old Graphic?