most overrated movies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by R.Graves, May 11, 2016.

1. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Sexy Anthro Goddess...Mutant.

Nov 8, 2016
    She respects him, throughout the whole movie she admires that he's as much of a survivor as she is.

They need master to make power, you can always have civilisation without power.

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Functionally Defective

Apr 21, 2016
    ... So you ignore glaring flaws in thunderdome but he doesn't limp in fury road and suddenly fury road is the worst sequel ever?

3. ThatZenoGuy

Nov 8, 2016
    Who says its a flaw? The power station blew up, but people will try to rebuild, humans always do.

4. FreedomStalker

FreedomStalker Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 22, 2016
    And the guy has nothing to lose anyway. He's the living dead. Killing him would just end his suffering.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  5. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2007
    No.
    I said that, "I think that FO3 has its own merits, but that they should not have released it as Fallout 3. (I could say this almost verbatim for Mad Max:Fury Road)"; and that means that I could say that Fury Road has its own merits, but that they should not have released it as a Mad Max sequel. There is no implied relationship between the two. I didn't even state what those merits are. FO3, I thought had some decent work (limited though it was), on the landscaping of certain set-piece areas, and that's about it for the merit list.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  6. FreedomStalker

Apr 22, 2016
    Yes, the action scenes and the visuals are great in that movie but what made Mad Max movies in the past special is more than just great action scenes and visuals.

7. ThatZenoGuy

Nov 8, 2016
    Yeah...Mad Max is more than a generic action cinematic monster, it actually had stories and rather competent characters.

8. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2007
    @topic:
    Aside from Smaug, I'll say the Hobbit. What annoyed greatly about the film is that they spread a thin novel (almost a children's book) across three films. There are sentences in that novel that span fifteen minutes of screen time in the movies. Talk about butter spread over too much bread...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  9. TheAdversary

TheAdversary Curious Incubus

Jun 25, 2017
    I personally can't enjoy watching most Marvel movies in general. Every single one I see seems to follow a formula down to the letter. This was even mentioned in Deadpool (one of the few Marvel movies I enjoyed).

10. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Agreed. In the end i still enjoy them but more narrative diversity would be nice.

11. FreedomStalker

Apr 22, 2016
    Most of them are cookie cutter crap for the mainstream audience. The last Marvel movie, I watched was so fucking boring, I was happy when it ended.

12. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    The Marvel Netflix stuff is far superior to its cinematic counterpart. I would rather watch Luke Cage or Iron Fist over the Civil War clusterfuck and Iron Man with magic any day of the week.

Wonder Woman has a really solid second act but the rest of the film is trash.

13. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Boyhood, ffs if i have hear about how they filmed the movie over years again...

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  14. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    Star Wars as a whole is the single most overrated piece of schlock to ever influence multiple generations and mold a whole industry into the monster of dullness it is today.

15. TheAdversary

Jun 25, 2017

16. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Much agreed. Star wars is decent. That's all it's ever been. But the nostalgia for those movies... It's ridiculous. I like the movies just fine but if someone hasn't seen star wars... I don't know that I'd say they have to.

17. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Theybare fun pop corn flickd, but the hype around them and the deep impact they had in the film industry is hugely undeserved.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Could say the same for Fallout. Or Gone with the Wind. Or Game of Thrones. Or...

19. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Nah, Star Wars is peak overhyped schlock, it reached levels no other dumb sci fi has reached. Matrix almost managed to topple it on peak idiocy but it got too pretentious even for itself.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. TheAdversary

Jun 25, 2017
    As far as the Matrix went, I thought their practical effects were amazing. Its narrative is by and large a lesser version of Dark City.