Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Serge 13, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008

2. Walpknut

Walpknut Background Radiant

Dec 30, 2010
    I have never seen Eddie Redmayne on anything before, but if his performance in this movie is anything to go by I am not missing anything. Guy's speech mas so slurred I could barely understand anything, even as he was completely monotone and emotionless the whole movie. And I watched Trainspotting without subtitles.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. AlphaSlayerZX

AlphaSlayerZX Jarringly Evil Weismen

Oct 12, 2016
    I saw Logan recently. I got to admit it was really good, it's probably one of my favorite movies of all time.

4. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Wish i could stop hearing that. Already got spoiled.

5. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    My favorite quote from Fantastic Beasts:

"Shhrrr shrr shrr power sharr shrr survive."

It's like Shakespeare read by Orson Wells.

6. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Yeah, it really sucks to know that it's good when you expected another shitty Wolverine movie.

7. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Fuck Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I hear pirates have discovered access to Logan's piratebay account.

8. valcik

valcik Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 20, 2008
    The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989)
    Dark, witty, crazy social satire of some sort. Don't expect some blockbuster, this one is leaning toward art house rather than commercial sector. Great one!

9. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Watched Excision, and was unpleasantly pleasantly surprised.
    Not to give too much away, but it kept me sceptical for a long time, fooled even, kindov like those comedians who pretend to be awkward and lame, for then to suddenly be genuinely talented.

However, right from the start, the movie lets you know that it wants you to "wait for it", while throwing you intended horrible cringes along the way.

Unpleasant though.

10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I watched that one on an Art history class. Pretty good, wasn't expecting a movie such a posh name to have THAT ending.

11. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Watched Ghost in the Shell, Scarlet Johanson got to redeem herself a little from Lucy

3D glasses and such, sigh, not crazy about it.

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    You mean Lady Robocop?

13. SpookyBees

SpookyBees hiding in a small hole in the middle of the desert

Mar 12, 2017
    Movie thread?! GASP
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

This movie is without a doubt one of my favorite movies! Dark comedy, political satire, nuclear bombs, soviets vs good ol' US of A! It's pretty good, the ending will blow you away. (that's a pun)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    Just watched Brimstone with Guy Pearce. It's beautify shot and features a hilariously miscast Kit Harrington. I would consider it classy trash.

15. R.Graves

R.Graves Functionally Defective

Apr 21, 2016
    The only time I've ever felt someone was horribly miscast was Samuel Jackson as Mace Windu. He's really at his best when he's screaming. There's tons of other actors that would be better cast as a level headed wisened jedi.

16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    On the Plane to Japan from Houston I watched Dr Strange.
    What a boring slog of a movie, it's the absolute worst example of a 90 minute special effects reel. Marvel at this point is just shitting out the same script and just paying artists to make it shiny.

On the plane from Japan to Houston I watched Lalaland.
    Pretty good movie. I wish I had watched it in the Theatre, great directing, snappy dialogue, great performances and good music. The ending had me question my masculinity, I am glad movies like this are still getting made.

• [Like] [Like] x 1