Movie Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Serge 13, Nov 20, 2011.

1. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    I like the film but the ending isn't bleak. It's a middle finger to the audience. Bleak would be if instead of the army showing up it just panned out on him sobbing as creature noises get closer and closer. Cliche sure but at least its not a big "fuck you".

2. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Yeah? Well, y'know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

That wouldn't've been bleak, that would've been exactly what the audience expected, a.k.a. boring. Instead of the gut-punch that was the actual ending, which was perfect.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    Mercy killing your loved ones and then realizing you were seconds away of getting help does sound bleak as shit.

4. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    Not if your name is R.Graves.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I've been seeing a lot of youtubers who shill subscription services Hardcore defend the Death Note movie... I think this Adpocalypse finally showed a lot of these people true colors.

6. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    Got around to watching it, and gotta say, I was very impressed.
    I was only a bit saddened to see it was a short, I was under the impression it was a full length, like his ultra-depressive "It's such a beautiful day", and I had kind of hyped myself up to another full length experience, but in the end, I wasn't really dissapointed.

Don delivered some heavy shit :V

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. TheAdversary

TheAdversary Curious Incubus

Jun 25, 2017
    Well, I did say it was a short film.

8. zegh8578

zegh8578 Keeper of the trout Orderite

Mar 11, 2012
    I know, I somehow immediately forgot it, and substituted it with an impression of a full length feature.

Either way, I was very impressed with it.

9. I eat supermutants

I eat supermutants The cook-cum-captain

Nov 30, 2013
    Being a Coen brothers fantard, I am looking forward to this. On my birthday no less.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    Colossal > Godzilla reboot/Kong: Skull Island/Pacific Rim

11. TheAdversary

Jun 25, 2017
    IT

Holy crap I was not expecting a remake to be so damn good. Characters are hilarious and very likable, Pennywise was as creepy as I should expect him to be, and the scares aren't cookie cutter like one would be expecting nowadays. The movie uses a lot of CG for its monsters. Surprisingly, it's not uncanny valley like most special effects characters I see in movies. That said, there are some typical horror tropes that bring the film down some, such as the stupid victim act, and crushingly loud noises whenever something bad happens.

Very good film regardless of my complaints and I'm excited for Part 2!

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Did they adapt the sewer orgy?

13. TheAdversary

Jun 25, 2017
    Nope. I think they tried doing something else with the kids since an underage orgy would raise so many red flags in theatres. They did a few minor references the cosmic turtle. The movie also features deadlights.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  14. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 6, 2016
    I find this orgy very well written and beautiful and it is not forced or appealing.

On the other hand, i think that King writing ALL THE TIME how much Bev is beautiful, how her breasts are and so on, very weird.

Anyway, I saw 2 movies in the last 2 days.

One is It. very good adaptation, I love the new elements, like that woman in the frame and the kid without head in the library.

The other is Dredd, with Karl Urban. Christ, why I not saw this movie before? Fucking awesome, Karl Urban IS Dredd. He does not take off his helmet for a second and passes the whole film making the same mouth as the Judge does in the comic book :lol:

His partner is cute and the villain is great (Cercei, from GoT)

Of course it was a box office failure. In today's world? Of course it was. Shame. In a better parallel world, it are already going to the third continuation.

15. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Cersei, you knob.
    Heard we're getting judge dredd television series with urban as dredd. But idk fingers crossed

http://collider.com/karl-urban-judge-dredd-tv-series/

16. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    To this day I'm not sure why they named that film Dredd instead of Judge Dredd. I believe that if they made it under the full name it wouldn't be a failure at office.
    People far and wide know that Judge Dredd is a character from a comic book, even if they haven't read it. "Dredd" itself, however, doesn't really say anything.

17. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Nah, the trailer is obvious.

18. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Plenty of people don't watch trailers or any actual promotional content unless the name intrigues them.

19. Crni Vuk

Crni Vuk M4A3 Oldfag oTO Orderite

Nov 25, 2008
    I think there is different reason ...

20. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    That scene is even more hilarious in french.

• [Like] [Like] x 1