Ms Punk Girl, a new playable character.

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Geras, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Pistol set is finished but I'm too lazy atm to upload gifs :P I'm fixing offset errors of frms I did years ago.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Josan12

Josan12 Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 15, 2007
    Oh god - offset errors give me nightmares. IIRC it is useful to make sure the first frame of the xA (for example HFMAXXJA) set is identical to the first frame of all the other animations in the set (HFMAXXJJ, HFMAXXJK etc etc) I remember toward the end of the NPC armor mod we just copied this 'key frame' over the other first frames of the other animations and it helped alot with offset problems. Just a thought that might help you.

3. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Thanks for the tip Josan!

I got a weird problem with metal armor walking animation. I even recorded a movie: https://youtu.be/HdOp_8wWsF0

Basically after every loop PC gets pushed a pixel in one direction (NE is more severe then W) and it's generally a bit jerky at the end of the loop.

Other armors work great, it's just this one that doesn't want to cooperate. I compared the Default Girl with that pixel by pixel in Frame Animator and they're _exactly_ the same. There is not even a single pixel worth of false offset in any direction. I can't get my head around this one.

EDIT:

Ok, I've finally understood how aligning offsets work. What I used to do was aligning perfectly my Punk Girl animations so the end of one animation overlaps the beginning of the following one. That's WRONG. What we have to do is to align one newly made animation with a corresponding one from the original set (so Default Girl in my case). Those animations have to have identical offsets. I don't know if I have actually discovered something or if that's common knowledge around here but it does certainly work.

EDIT 2:

Walking animation fixed by Mouse Cz! :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  4. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Actually I was recently trying to fix offset problems for the running animation of the Long hair leather armor male dude (_HMLTHRAT) and I gave up. Specifically, the SE direction ends up veering off from the target hex just like in your video. I don't suppose you can use your newfound experience to fix this mouse or Geras?

5. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Try changing those offsets into original Default Dude running animation values:

That's how Mouse helped me.

6. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    I can write you a script that adds all items to inventory on game start and moves to a map on game start. Is this something you'd be interested in?

7. Josan12

Oct 15, 2007
    Oh I've tried that. Just couldn't figure it out. I suppose it could be a problem with the vanilla offsets. I'll check it again.

8. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Thank you Sduibek, I appreciate that but I've already managed :)

9. Erer08

Erer08 First time out of the vault

May 26, 2014
    Any progress?

10. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    No, sorry, no progress on her from my side since last updates. I'm busy with other stuff and I don't really feel like working on frames atm.

11. Mouse Cz

Mouse Cz First time out of the vault

Jul 3, 2014
    Small update, metal armor minigun set is finished.

• [Like] [Like] x 8
  12. Sduibek

Sduibek My dream job: modding Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    *drool*

13. CPL

CPL Still Mildly Glowing
    Modder

Mar 16, 2013
    Pretty cool stuff. :cool:

14. Mouse Cz

Jul 3, 2014
    I'll try to get metal armor finished as soon as possible, J set is almost done now.
    Both leather and metal armor animations will need a lot of polishing, skin tone varies between animation sets, depending on who edited them.
    Also there is a lot of offset errors. :help:

Edit:
    J set is finished.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 6
  15. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    That's a shame, the offsets need to be correct otherwise the critter will jump around.

16. Geras

Geras Animal Friend

Oct 12, 2011
    Awesome as always Mouse Cz!

17. Mr Linux

Mr Linux First time out of the vault

May 15, 2016
    Why don't you post animations's files frm here?

18. Mouse Cz

Jul 3, 2014
  19. Mouse Cz

Jul 3, 2014
    Update, metal armor is finished. :smile:

E set:

F set:

K set:

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  20. voodzia

voodzia First time out of the vault

Jun 27, 2005
    Fantastic work Mouse Cz :clap: Many thanks for keeping Ms Punk Girl alive and kicking :ok: