Obsidian announcing The Outer Worlds?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by nkchan16, Nov 28, 2018.

What's your prediction for this new RPG? (preannouncement)

1. It's going to be shit!

5 vote(s)
    16.1%
  2. Meh, same old, same old.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  3. Just what we need!

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  1. nkchan16

nkchan16 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jul 27, 2016
    I tried all possible combinations today, theouterworlds.obsidian.net, tow.obsidian.net etc. to no avail, and someone else seems to have found it...

https://outerworlds.obsidian.net/

Nothing there yet, but I'm sure this is going to be the site for the game.

2. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    How good the female player character looks is going to determine my vote for this game. Lately it's been the most reliable method that instantly reveals a game's quality.

Obsidian: "Our game is this and that...blablabla..."
    Me: "Show me the female!"

:lol:

3. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 6, 2016
  4. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    Nope. My final verdict: "It's going to be shit".

Sad, but true.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 4:33 AM
  5. yfk12

yfk12 Degenerate who belongs on a cross

May 31, 2018
    That seems a bit harsh, given that we know basically nothing about it.

6. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Vault Fossil

Jun 15, 2015
    Looks like New Vegas but in space.

7. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    I know all I've wanted to know. Hope you're not gonna pull a "but you haven't played the game yet". :D

It's not.

If this was a Beth game perhaps you could say that "but mods will fix it", but it's not. It's a goddamn Unreal Engine 4 game, so forget about modding.

8. StealthSuitMkII

StealthSuitMkII First time out of the vault

Apr 14, 2016
    Looks neat. Gonna wait for more gameplay footage and reviews before I make any decisions about this.

9. yfk12

yfk12 Degenerate who belongs on a cross

May 31, 2018

10. StealthSuitMkII

StealthSuitMkII First time out of the vault

Apr 14, 2016
    It's quite clear they've made their mind up. Just wait for the game and come to your own conclusions. It's not like their opinion should influence your personal thoughts about it.

11. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    And I've given them a chance for the very reason you've described. It didn't turn out to be something I would be interested in. I'm not complaining, I'm just disappointed. Felt the same way for CP2077.

12. 3160b0

3160b0 First time out of the vault

Dec 16, 2015
    lol bro

if they're smart they'll release a devkit like ark did and then you can make anything you want with the infinitely more powerful UE4 editor

also, bethsoft pays, you don't have to shit on their competition for free

13. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016

Who's loling now?

14. ironmask

ironmask Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 10, 2018
    I don't get the hate. The gameplay looks just like New Vegas, just with a few new features and better gun play.

15. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    Ah, "hate", the typical fanboy expression... "If you don't like it, then you must hate it."
    So it's comparable to a 10 year old game mod then.

16. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I would rather have it being comparable to a 20 year old game mod. Fallout 2. :nod:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  17. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    Fair point. Except, the base game Fallout, was miles better than Bethesda's turd. Not to mention it was the original IP and not a superficial copy of it. Also, it was the same people & company who made FO2, for that reason I wouldn't call it a "mod".

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 2:05 PM
  18. ironmask

ironmask Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 10, 2018
    I said hate because you seem to hate everything about so far. And of course I'm comparing the game to New Vegas. It's what is trying to be. It even has the exact same dialogue system. I don't see what's wrong with comparing a new game with a old game. We compare fallout 4 to fallout 1 all the time.

19. nkchan16

Jul 27, 2016
    FO4 fanboys have told me that a lot, and now it's Obsidian fanboys' turn by the looks of it. If I hated it, I wouldn't have created this very thread before everyone else in order to talk about it. I called it "shit" out of disappointment, although it's definitely gonna be mediocre.

I thought it was trying to be FO4, even Obs itself seems to position it that way. The gun reticle, by the way, is a total FO4 rip-off.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018 at 3:04 PM
  20. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    From the 14 minutes of gameplay that i saw, i did not see any obvious improvements on their Fallout New Vegas formula. This actually looks like a reskinned version of it. The level of character animations were already present in Bloodlines 14 years ago.

I guess they can still save this with interesting skill system and a great story, but i'm not overly optimistic about this game in general.